Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Kroniax available in the Play store!  (Read 85631 times)

AlexAUT

• View Profile
Re: Kroniax - A game of skill, 0.5 released online Highscores =)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:31 am »
what changed is that there is an installer

Hmm, nope there is only a *.rar file, you unpack it and there is the folder with the *.exe inside it. Maybe you downloaded a non official file? pls try the new downloadlink http://www.indiedb.com/games/kroniax/downloads/kroniax-052 it links to the newest version 0.5.2.

This is not always good news.
For example Harvest's Linux version is not build correctly.
If you're doing closed sources you should link all the libs statically.
Which means that you should first build your own static versions of the libs used, because usually as far as I know Linux distros provide dynamic libs.

I will upload 2version for Linux one for 32bit and one for 64bit, i will also upload the source, so you can compile it by your own! I think I will do this at the weekend (vacation incomming)

I know it's in dev, I'm just giving feedback for this purpose.

Thank you  ;D

Maybe several difficulties could be made (the classical "easy" / normal / hard)
Maybe some blocks could be there only in difficult mode so that some ways would be more (is "narrow" the correct word in English? / smaller).

I think you played a very old version (0.1/0.2), in the new version(0.5.2) there are 9levels the first is very easy...

Maybe also vary the speed, and make the collision mask smaller, sometimes I almost touch something so little lol

In the new version(0.5.2) every level has its own speed. When I lower the speed i have to lower the gravitation and then it wont be easier otherwise you have to click space 20times in 1sec...xD

the way is too small, I can just not go through the first level.
maybe in the beta-tester version you could add infos so that we could tell you more precisly were in a given level.

I really think you have played a old version, because in the current the first level is really easy. If you really played the recent version i will think about a new level1.

Yeah, i will insert a "posX" display so you can give me exact feedback...

Or maybe calling the easy level as "red fish" as some games do :)

I will think about how to realize this, cause slower is not everytime easier (try the speed challenge mode and try get through a level in a slow way, its very hard  ;D)

AlexAUT

choopa

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »
pls try the new download link http://www.indiedb.com/games/kroniax/downloads/kroniax-052 it links to the newest version 0.5.2.

I get:

The file you have selected (Kroniax_0.5.2.rar) is not available via any mirrors.

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:55 pm »
I get:

The file you have selected (Kroniax_0.5.2.rar) is not available via any mirrors.

OK i tested the link on a few pc´s and it worked everytime. But i have a second downloadlink : http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/28262853/file.html

AlexAUT

choopa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »
OK i tested the link on a few pc´s and it worked everytime. But i have a second downloadlink : http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/28262853/file.html

With Kroniax_0.5.2 on wine I get the following error:
couldn't find the level data

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:24 am »
Maybe the app has not enough rights?

You can build your own version for linux. www.github.com/AlexAUT/kroniax
Thete is a cmake build system included

AlexAUT
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:23:55 am by AlexAUT »

choopa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »
You can build your own version for linux. www.github.com/AlexAUT/kroniax

Thank you very much!

well I'm not very familiar with cmake, I've just compile it myself:

g++ -c -std=c++0x -I$SFML_DIR/include Main.cpp
# idem for all the src files
g++ -L$SFML_DIR/lib -lsfml-system -lsfml-window -lsfml-graphics -lsfml-network -lsfml-audio  *.o */*.o */*/*.o -o kroniax

The difficulty is better for my low skills now :)
I've finished level 1 and 2, but won't go further tonight because I feel tired.
I like the colors that changes at each level,
I find the trace quite disturbing the way it's currently drawn, maybe a line instead of circles would be better i think
but this is a nice idea it's indeed a help to succeed where we didn't at the previous play
selecting the level is not order from 1, at the beginning the default one is 9

now it's start when the user press a key, I prefered the previous one, when it's after 5 seconds, it's create like some kind of feeling ("ho, I have to be ready") but with the 5 sec one, maybe a count down 5..4..3..2..1 would increase this feeling.

sometimes we need to press 'return' and sometimes it's 'space' I would prefer the same key all the time,
also in the options i was searching to use another key than 'space' to bind the control of the ship.
maybe also allow mouse clic.

Anyway these are only small details, I like it!

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 10:49:20 am »
The difficulty is better for my low skills now :)
I've finished level 1 and 2, but won't go further tonight because I feel tired.

Yeah I think the balance of the first 3 or 4 levels is acceptable. Level5 is a really tough one. I will insert more levels between 3 and 6 to smaller the skillgap in the future. This weekend I hope I can release the new version 0.6, it will include the share system, so you can share/upload your custommaps and download them easily from the ingame menu.

I like the colors that changes at each level,

New levels will include blocks with two colors and now I can rotate blocks. (Customlevel = "test" is an example)

I find the trace quite disturbing the way it's currently drawn, maybe a line instead of circles would be better i think
but this is a nice idea it's indeed a help to succeed where we didn't at the previous play

Yeah i currently have no idea how to draw lines/curves correctly, so I will change it in the future, but at the moment the tracer works =)

selecting the level is not order from 1, at the beginning the default one is 9

It always displays the newest unlocked map. And I forgot to change the unlock value in the repo so there are always 9levels unlocked...

now it's start when the user press a key, I prefered the previous one, when it's after 5 seconds, it's create like some kind of feeling ("ho, I have to be ready") but with the 5 sec one, maybe a count down 5..4..3..2..1 would increase this feeling.

The 5seconds can be really annoying especially in the Speed Challenge mode, because there you often crash after a few seconds. Maybe I will add a option for that.

sometimes we need to press 'return' and sometimes it's 'space' I would prefer the same key all the time,

The problem is, when you crash a wall and you click space you would instantly restart the level. Thats the reason why you need 2keys Space/Return.

also in the options i was searching to use another key than 'space' to bind the control of the ship.
maybe also allow mouse clic.

Noticed

Anyway these are only small details, I like it!

Thank you for your feedback  ;D

AlexAUT

AlexAUT

• View Profile
Re: Kroniax - A game of skill, 0.6 released "Map down/upload"
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 04:31:19 pm »
Today I have released the new version 0.6:

Link: http://www.indiedb.com/games/kroniax

Downloadlink: www.kroniax.at.vu

Patchnotes 0.6:

*Addded a tracer with keeps track of your last or longest try on a map. It will help you to complete the level.
*Added 2 new Options. You can change the distance between two points of the tracer, and now you can select the antialiasing level by your own.
*The games runs now with vertical vertical sync enabled instead of a 120Fps framelimit.
*Changed the way PowerUps/Dows works so old maps aren´t compatible, but you can open a old map with the map editor and save them to update the level format.
*Added the Upload function to the map editor. Now you can upload your custommaps and share them with other people! They only need to open their game, select custom maps and search your map and download the map automatically!
*Removed the Speed challenge mode from the main menu. But custommaps with the gamemode "Speed challenge" will have an online highscore.
*Reworked the custom maps menu. Now you can download custom maps from the online server easily. To add a local level to the list only add the name to the config file:"levels/levellist.cfg"
*Improved the balance of the arcade levels. Now the levels should be a bit easier than before.
*Several bugfixes:
   *The game wont crash anylonger if the connection failed to the server.
   *Fixed some performance issues
   *And a few more...

I hope you like the update!

Special thanks to Alexandre Bodelot for the linux version and Lukas Dürrenberger for the Cmake build system and a few other people who improved the sourcecode.

And a new video about the new map editor functions and the map down/upload.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nin--Ub3ue0

AlexAUT

santiaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:40 am »
I've tried your game 8)

It's a solid game, and I think the music fits perfectly. What I would add is a "go to the next level" when you finish one, for example, you are playing level 1, you beat it and then you unlock level 2, the player should be able to go straight to the new level as it makes him/her keep playing. Kind of like bit.trip runner, or many IOS games such as cut the rope.

About the difficulty, maybe you should add a level or two, between level 1 and level 2 as the difficulty rapidly ramps up, and may put off some players.

Also, I think you should where the player starts in the level. In the same way you showed where he crashed, you can show where you start!

Lastly, I don't know if you are using the console to debug or what but there's an option (at least on code::block there is) to launch a GUI application instead of one with the console. So the .exe will launch as usual, only that the console won't launch.

Still, it's a really good game, keep updating it!

EDIT: I also liked that you show the past lives (how you played) and that there are 2 circles, one when you press space and one when you are not

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 08:33:56 am »
Thanks for your feedback  ::)

It's a solid game, and I think the music fits perfectly. What I would add is a "go to the next level" when you finish one

I will insert this function in the next version, should be easy to implement.

About the difficulty, maybe you should add a level or two, between level 1 and level 2 as the difficulty rapidly ramps up, and may put off some players.

Thanks for your feedback about the difficulty. Currently I have no idea for a new map and it's hard to create a map without a clear idea, but I will try to add maybe 2 maps between 1 and 2.

Also, I think you should where the player starts in the level. In the same way you showed where he crashed, you can show where you start!

Next version =)

Lastly, I don't know if you are using the console to debug or what but there's an option (at least on code::block there is) to launch a GUI application instead of one with the console. So the .exe will launch as usual, only that the console won't launch.

Yeah I know that, version 0.3 was a "Gui application", but the game is still in the beta phase and the console shows some errormessages, so its easier to report a bug. But the final version will hide the console.

btw. on my school computers the game won't start if it's an gui application :o

Still, it's a really good game, keep updating it!

Thanks, next version will be realeased Monday or Tuesday, with a tournament mode and maybe a head to head mode =).

EDIT: I also liked that you show the past lives (how you played) and that there are 2 circles, one when you press space and one when you are not

There are 3different colors of circles. Red = without a speed change, Green = braking, Blue = acceleration.

AlexAUT

santiaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:45 pm »
ah, I only tried arcade mode, so there were the red circle, and the red circle with white outline

so, there are 6 circles :p

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:41 pm »
Finally, I have ported Kroniax for Android, thanks to Jonathan De Wachter for eSFML (Android port for SFML)

Its based on a new code, I didnt like the old one  ;)

Downloadlink: http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/76802845/file.html
http://www.indiedb.com/games/kroniax/downloads

It's currently in the alpha phase, but I need some response, if all works/performance...

Known problem:

• Filesize: Very big I know, because I have terrible soundbugs when I use *.ogg so I have to use *.wav
  • Only a few Level (Easy Level1 - Level9
  • Scripts like SpeedUps/Downs do not work correctly
  • Credits, Help doesn't work

I have tested the app on Android 4.1.1 / 4.1.0 / 4.0.4 / 3.X

I really appreciate every feedback negativ and positive!

AlexAUT
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:36:37 am by AlexAUT »

grimmreefer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kroniax- Android Port alpha released
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »
Finally a good Android game. I hope you complete it soon. Keep it up!

Edit: The Music does not repeat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:04:23 pm by grimmreefer »

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 09:56:21 pm »
Using OpenAL on android?

grimmreefer

• View Profile
    • Email