Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 unwind resume (C::B)  (Read 3868 times)

Nayk0

• View Profile
    • Email
SFML 2.0 unwind resume (C::B)
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:18:44 am »
Hi, I just downloaded the Sfml 2.0 and tried to compile the first example of the tutorial but I still have the same error which is "undefined reference to `_unwind_resume`". I already tried to Recompile the sfml in order to match my gcc version. I followed step-by-step the sfml 2.0 tutorial and the "Recompile SFML" tutorial. I already searched in the forum for some answer, I found a topic that was matching my problem and the advice was to "recompile the sfml", so I did it but still the same error. Maybe I didnt recompiled it well (it was the first time).

(before the unwind resume error, I had the "__gxx_personality_v0" error, I fixed it by adding "void *__gxx_personality_v0;" in my source code (found this solution on google) )

I Hope you will be able to help me.

Barlog

Re: SFML 2.0 unwind resume (C::B)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:42:59 am »
Greetings.

What version of GCC are you using? For linux or windows?
if you are using windows, try to compile SFML sources (from github) with this MinGW distro (http://nuwen.net/mingw.html).

By the way you must use g++ to compile and link C++ programs, not gcc.
Remove "void *__gxx_personality_v0;" from your code and try add "-lstdc++" to the end of g++ compile and link command line.
(possible solution from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6045809/problem-with-g-and-undefined-reference-to-gxx-personality-v0)

Nayk0

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:22:08 am »
Im using GCC 4.7 MinGW(DW2) with windows and C::B 12.11. I read in the tutorial that if I was using the mingw version that came with CodeBlocks, I probably had to take the SJLJ one, but in the MinGW/bin folder, I have the dw2 and sjlj DLL so I didnt know what to do, so I took the DW2 because I used to take this one with 1.6.

I will first try to use the SJLJ one and then try to compile with the mingw you linked, thank you for the answer  :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:48:49 am »
I have the dw2 and sjlj DLL so I didnt know what to do
I read in the tutorial that if I was using the mingw version that came with CodeBlocks, I probably had to take the SJLJ one
... so you took the DW2 version? :P
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Nayk0

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:19:51 am »
... so you took the DW2 version? :P

yes, like a boss  8)

it was stupid yeah, Im downloading the sjlj one, gonna do the tutorial step-by-step again with this one  :P

EDIT: Ok, that was the funniest mistake ever, I just had to download the sjlj one  ::) Should have 100% trust the tutorial, the test from the tutorial works, I have the green circle ^^ thank you for the fast answer !
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:31:30 am by Nayk0 »

anything