Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feedback wanted - Simple Gravity Game.  (Read 14538 times)

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feedback wanted - Simple Gravity Game.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »
Check out Tiled.

jraskell

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »
I think it would be nice if the playfield was a bit larger, or if the ship didn't immediately reset once it crossed the window border.  I can understand having to reset at some point if the ship is on an escape path, but the current playfield feels a bit limiting.

EDIT: On second thought, it might make the game somewhat easy because you can just keep your cursor at one point, click once. Fail, move the cursor X pixels and click again untill you got it right. uhm :p not sure yet. but thanks for the input.

I understand where you're coming from there, but I don't think that's the kind of challenge you should be striving for.  Honestly, I only played the first couple levels because the constant back and forth with the mouse got tedious, and thus lost it's appeal.  Especially with moving planets involved, there's additional timing beyond just where you set the launch.

For additional challenge, keep track of a few basic stats and give people the opportunity to min/max those stats.  A few off the top of my head:
  • closest the ship came to a planet(players try to find paths that get them as close as possible to a planet, but still make it to the wormhole.
  • Distance the ship traveled, players try to maximize and/or minimize the distance traveled to the wormhole
  • launch distance, ie how far you pull the line from the ship before launching, again players try to min/max this distance

Jycerian

• Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »
For all those who are interested here is my crappy source code of my project: Gravity Surge ;)

https://github.com/Jycerian

anything