Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can't get Code::Blocks to work with SFML on a Mac.  (Read 1572 times)

evilpineappe

• View Profile
Can't get Code::Blocks to work with SFML on a Mac.
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:56:32 am »
So I have already gotten SFML working on my pc with Code::Blocks but I also wanted to get it running on my mac since I develop for and on both systems. I have gotten both the mac versions of SFML, I tried the gcc one with the default compiler and I even tried the clang one with the clang compiler, but I can't get it to work. Do I need to use the windows version or something? Are there any guides specifically for mac because the mac SFML versions seem to be a bit different as well.

Gambit

• View Profile
Re: Can't get Code::Blocks to work with SFML on a Mac.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:40 am »
SFML is cross platform, also why would need the Windows version for MacOS? What do you mean by "I can't get it to work"?

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:00:11 pm »
Are there any guides specifically for mac because the mac SFML versions seem to be a bit different as well.

http://sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.1/start-osx.php

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 08:49:03 am »
the mac SFML versions seem to be a bit different as well.

The installation of SFML is different on every OS. The configuration of your compiler depends on your environment. But SFML is the same on every OS (well, there's a few limitation sometimes, like one window on mobile OS, ... everything is explained in the official tutorial).

As Gambit said, we need more information on your problem to help you.

The tutorial for mac doesn't explain how to configure C::B on Mac, but once you've installed SFML you can configure C::B to use SFML as you would do for any other library. If you don't know how C::B works, please refer to the IDE's documentation.
SFML / OS X developer

anything