Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SFML2.2] Server not receiving. (Strange issue)  (Read 2028 times)

Lolilolight

• View Profile
[SFML2.2] Server not receiving. (Strange issue)
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »
Hi!

I've a strange issue, it worked a few months ago, but here, since I've compiled the source code again, it doesn't work anymore. :/

I don't know if it's because of SFML or because of some ubuntu packages that I've installed recently.

When I send a message from my client to the serveur, the first message is well received, but, the next packets are empty.

sf::Socket::Done is well returned but my packet is empty.

And sometimes I get a buffer overflow error. :/

I use a thread to receive packets of course, because, I have to wait until a certain tomout is over, and I have to continue to check if a message is received withthout freezing the network loop until the timeout is over.

I think I'll backup everythink and re-install my OS..., it's certainly a bad c++ package or something like this.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:13:27 pm by Lolilolight »

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [SFML2.2] Server not receiving. (Strange issue)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »
I think I'll backup everythink and re-install my OS..., it's certainly a bad c++ package or something like this.
I'd say it is much more likely the problem is in your own code.
You could try posting a complete and minimal and self contained example program that reproduces the problem.

Lolilolight

• View Profile
Re: [SFML2.2] Server not receiving. (Strange issue)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:25 am »
Hummm........., it was in my code sorry, I just forgot that I've changed something because of a warning error message, but my if condition was wrong.

Now it's running well. :)