Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 Binaries + Template  (Read 21858 times)

kinglime

• View Profile
    • Github
    • Email
SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 Binaries + Template
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:03:52 am »
SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 Binaries + Template

After the success of my last post, I thought I would share again. It was time to rebuild after upgrading to Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015, plus I needed to upgrade to SFML 2.2.

Links
VS 2013
VS 2015

I had to rebuild both jpeg and freetype before I could build SFML for VS 2015. Everything is working fine on my end but please let me know if something goes awry. I compiled using cmake-gui and nmake.

Instructions
  • Download the zip archive and extract it. Inside the folder there will be a folder named SFML, a batch file named install_template.bat and another archive named SFML-TEMPLATE.zip.
  • Copy the folder SFML to C:\SFML. If you want to use a different directory the template will not work.
  • If you would like to use the Visual Studio template you can run install_template.bat. If you do not trust or simply do not want to use the batch file you can manually copy SFML-TEMPLATE.zip to "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Visual Studio (2013 / 2015)\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C++ Project".

I hope I was able to help!  ;D

P.S. Special thanks to LanceJZ for showing me how to automatically include the dll files.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:17:00 pm by kinglime »

Gambit

• View Profile
Re: SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2015 Binaries + Template
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 06:32:52 am »
I probably would have waited until VS2015 was out of preview. Microsoft themselves have a disclaimer on it saying that it should NOT be used for production code. Regardles, good work. I'm sure it will help some people.

kinglime

• View Profile
    • Github
    • Email
Re: SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2015 Binaries + Template
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:45:05 am »
I probably would have waited until VS2015 was out of preview. Microsoft themselves have a disclaimer on it saying that it should NOT be used for production code. Regardles, good work. I'm sure it will help some people.

That is true and thank you. I personally like to always be on the bleeding edge of technology. If people wanted I could build binaries for VS 2013.

Edit: I decided to add VS 2013! Cheers everyone  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:15:26 am by kinglime »

Reyhn

• View Profile
Re: SFML 2.2 Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 Binaries + Template
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »
Hello, have you any interest in making a Visual Studio 2015 build for SFML 2.3 ?

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 04:15:00 pm »
VS2015 is not final yet.
I guess 2015 builds will show up once it is final.

Asteba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:52:50 pm »
Hello and thanks for providing the template for visual studio 2015. I tried your project template with the version of vs2015 downloaded from their website today, and it seems that it is not working any more. The project compiles successfully, but can not run (APPCRT140D.dll is missing). Do you know what could be wrong? Can it be that visual studio 2015 rc is different now than the version you used to compile the sfml?

Asteba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:48:05 pm »
Actually after find this llink, it seems the the dll APPCRT140.dll (and APPCRT140D.dll for debug version) do not exist any more in Visual Studio 2015 RC (=Release Candidate).

It seems you used some Visual Studio 2015 CTP version (Community Technology Preview) to build the SFML, which was still installing this DLL. Do you remember which CTP version you used?

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 08:55:13 pm »
.............or why don't you build SFML yourself using the compiler you got if you insist on using beta software... much easier than hunting down different compiler versions from beta releases.
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

Asteba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:38 pm »
I will try when I have more time since anyway I can't find any download link for visual studio ctp5.

MystikReasons

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:14:37 pm »
Hi

It cant find the libs and I don't know why. I copied the SFML file into the Project but it wont find the libs.

Do you know why?

empezar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »
I have compiled SFML 2.3.1 for Visual Studio 2015 Community.

It gives me these errors:

Code: [Select]
1>flac.lib(stream_decoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___iob_func referenced in function _FLAC__stream_decoder_reset
1>flac.lib(stream_encoder.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___iob_func
1>flac.lib(win_utf8_io.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___iob_func
1>flac.lib(bitreader.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fprintf referenced in function _FLAC__bitreader_dump
1>flac.lib(bitwriter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fprintf
1>flac.lib(win_utf8_io.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _vsnprintf_s referenced in function _local_vsnprintf
1>msvcrtd.lib(vsnprintf_s.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vsnprintf_s
1>msvcrtd.lib(vsnprintf_s.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __vsnprintf_s

Has anyone successfully compiled SFML 2.3.1 for Visual Studio 2015?

Though, the errors do relate to flac.lib and msvcrtd.lib, which aren't part of SFML.

Anyone have a solution for my problem?

Update...

Compiling libFLAC from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libzplay/ gives me these errors instead:

1>msvcrtd.lib(initializers.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>flac.lib(stream_decoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fseeko referenced in function _file_seek_callback_
1>flac.lib(stream_encoder.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fseeko
1>flac.lib(stream_decoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ftello referenced in function _file_tell_callback_
1>flac.lib(stream_encoder.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ftello

Update 2...

The _fseeko and _ftello stuff was defined for older versions of Visual Studio (in FLAC source code), but not for 2015. So I moved them around to make them defined.

Not sure if this is progress or not. Now I'm getting this:

1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_new referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::check(class sf::InputStream &)" (?check@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@SA_NAAVInputStream@3@@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_delete referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::check(class sf::InputStream &)" (?check@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@SA_NAAVInputStream@3@@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_get_state referenced in function "public: virtual unsigned __int64 __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::read(short *,unsigned __int64)" (?read@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_KPAF_K@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_init_stream referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::check(class sf::InputStream &)" (?check@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@SA_NAAVInputStream@3@@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_finish referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::check(class sf::InputStream &)" (?check@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@SA_NAAVInputStream@3@@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single referenced in function "public: virtual unsigned __int64 __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::read(short *,unsigned __int64)" (?read@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_KPAF_K@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_process_until_end_of_metadata referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::check(class sf::InputStream &)" (?check@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@SA_NAAVInputStream@3@@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileReaderFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_decoder_seek_absolute referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileReaderFlac::seek(unsigned __int64)" (?seek@SoundFileReaderFlac@priv@sf@@UAEX_K@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_new referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?open@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@II@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_delete referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::close(void)" (?close@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@AAEXXZ)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_set_channels referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?open@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@II@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_set_bits_per_sample referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?open@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@II@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_set_sample_rate referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?open@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@II@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_init_file referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?open@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@II@Z)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_finish referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::close(void)" (?close@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@AAEXXZ)
1>sfml-audio-s-d.lib(SoundFileWriterFlac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__stream_encoder_process_interleaved referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::SoundFileWriterFlac::write(short const *,unsigned __int64)" (?write@SoundFileWriterFlac@priv@sf@@UAEXPBF_K@Z)

I should mention sfml-audio is the only part of SFML that I am currently using.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:03:05 pm by empezar »

Rosme

• Proud member of the shoe club
    • View Profile
    • Code-Concept
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 11:45:48 pm »
You could use the nighty builds instead. They work well.
GitHub
Code Concept
Twitter
Rosme on IRC/Discord

anything