Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: eGUI - an easy User Interface for Beginners  (Read 2645 times)

hanhau

• View Profile
    • Email
eGUI - an easy User Interface for Beginners
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »
Hey Guys :)

I just created a little GUI-System, wich should help Beginners of SFML and C++, but also can be
a Piece of your Game-Project, wich helps to save time on coding.

It works with Sheet´s. You can say, each Sheet is a "Layer" of the Menu. You can add Sheet´s, wich
are containing Buttons, Checkboxes, Slider, InputFields and so on ..... (Now are just Buttons and Ceckboxes working, the Rest is implemented, but not working 100%)

Each Piece is predefined in Size and Color. But I will maybe implement some "predefined States", where
you can choose one of them, or create one.

I must also solve some "logistic Problems", like checking the mouse only, when a Sheet is visible.
Also the comfort of the functions will be updated, maybe I will add some Global Pointers, or States
to this Project :)

A Folder, where you can find the source code will follow soon, hope you are interested in
my "eGUI", or just want to check out, how other People would solve something like this :)

Thanks for checking this out,
Hannes  8)

PS.: This is an Image, where you can see the Init-Code (will be updated of corse) and
       the result on the Screen. You can already Name the Buttons, click on them (popping Green :) )
       or check the Checkboxes. The Slider isnt working yet, as I said.

Aaaaaand, because I am too drunky, to use this [IMG[\IMG]-Thing, I placed it in
       the attachments :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:55:07 pm by hanhau »

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
Re: eGUI - an easy User Interface for Beginners
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:26 pm »
SFGUI has been floating around for a while here so look into that for ideas if you are ever lost or bored.  Keep up the good work on this though since it will help out people that are wanting to make GUI fast and easy. :D
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.

ChronicRat

• C++ programmer
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:46:53 pm »
"_C" this is not good suffix. Really, it is bad suffix. =)

hanhau

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:04:53 pm »
Thanks for reply :) Every feedback I can get is awesome :) I had choose a bad prefix for this, I really apply on that ^^ I am actually in a "found your style"-part in my programming-life, so please excuse that :)

Thanks, Hannes :D

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »
Yep don't really need prefixes or suffixes since that's what namespaces are for.  Use namespaces for those unless you have to do otherwise.
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.

anything