Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: aMessage_To_Laurent  (Read 4583 times)

TwoFingeredPointer

• View Profile
aMessage_To_Laurent
« on: September 02, 2015, 04:36:34 pm »
Should have said so earlier, but hey mate thanks for creating this api

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: aMessage_To_Laurent
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 05:57:11 pm »
Thank you ;D

But don't forget the rest of the team, they are doing most of (all?) the job now ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Nybble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:27:10 am »
I would like to thank all of you guys as well, SFML is just great, even if is just as a hobby it is just awesome, thanks SFML development team:

Code: [Select]
- Nexus
- binary1248
- Tank
- Grimshaw
- eXpl0it3r
- Hiura
- Sonkun

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:05:56 pm »
I would like to thank everyone on the team and its wondeful community as well. I wouldn't get this far without SFML and help on forums/irc :D
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler

shadowmouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:32:53 pm »
Same here. Thanks to all the SFML people, I would have had no chance of finishing my A level programming course work. With such an easy to use and powerful API, I've almost done it over the holidays.

Jabberwocky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 06:43:42 am »
Yep, this can't be said enough.  SFML is a fantastic library.  I'm both much appreciative of it and the dedication you folks have towards continually making it better.

tl;dr  You guys rock!  :)

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 02:32:06 pm »
<3 ;)

Grundkurs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 11:49:11 am »
I started programming with C# and after some time i got into the XNA-Framework by Microsoft because i was interested in game-development. This was around one year before microsoft ditched XNA without any good reason (at least they never communicated any reason beside "we wan't to focus on directX").

Seeing XNA getting ditched was a super-frustrating experience, because i put a lot of time and effort into learning how to use it, just to be told by some obviously incompetent idiot working as a manager for microsoft that it was all for nothing because XNA became a dead end. The XNA-Forums dried out pretty quickly after the announcement that XNA would be discontinued. My conclusion of all this was:

As a private person/hobbiest developer i want to avoid using technology owned by some company as much as possible, because that makes me dependent of it.

Thats basically how i came to C++ Programming and especially to SFML. Learning C++ has a much higher learning curve (thus can at times be much more frustrating). However using SFML on the other side was (and still is) always a joy. There's nothing annoying i could ever say about it. The last 2 years i'm using it i never had any concern that SFML might become a dead end. It is really really well designed and its nice to know there are quite some bright minds behind it. Thank you for your effort!

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 11:26:05 pm »
Thanks! ;)

I also like to thank all the contributors, who helped push SFML to where it is right now and hope we get it even further.
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

anything