Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Fullscreen randomly behaves like titlebar is still there  (Read 2523 times)

Grundkurs

• View Profile
Fullscreen randomly behaves like titlebar is still there
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:26 pm »
Hey guys,
When i open a sf::RenderWindow in Fullscreen-Mode, sometimes it displays the textured Sprite that has the same size as the window normally in full screen so the image covers the whole screen as its supposed to do. But sometimes, the image stays exactly at the same position as if there's still a titlebar in the window. I made an gif-animation so you can see it.
http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2015120103PgDVv8II9BE8O6oKLsg2bf&file=output_QMBNol.gif
here are also some screenshots.

sf::Style::Default

sf::Style::Fullscreen with broken behaviour

sf::Style::Fullscreen with normal behaviour

Its coincidental if the fullscreen-mode starts normally or broken.
I compiled SFML 2.3.2 with gcc-5.2.1 and CMake using both CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug and Release and put all *.so libs into /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. Im running Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon.
I don't know anymore what to do about this. At this state the Fullscreen-Mode is unusable :-(

Grundkurs

• View Profile
Re: Fullscreen randomly behaves like titlebar is still there
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »
i recompiled SFML 2.3.2 on a windows machine with mingw-w64 gcc-5.2 and i could not reproduce the behaviour that occured on my linux-machine. Should i file this as an issue on https://github.com/SFML/SFML/issues ?

SpeCter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »
You forgot to mention the most important part: Which kind of window manager did you use and on which sfml version did you test?

Grundkurs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 01:05:57 pm »
i used SFML 2.3.2 and the default linux mint 17.2 cinnamon edition, i think the window manager of cinnamon is called "Muffin"

anything