Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [TURN-BASED STRATEGY] No name yet  (Read 10092 times)

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
[TURN-BASED STRATEGY] No name yet
« on: February 05, 2016, 02:17:48 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm here to gladly present a game me and a small team (1 and a half guys) are working on. It's a Turn-Based strategy game that will be awesome, see why:

The Concept: You and your opponent are at war, engaging in battle after battle. The first army to wins 2 consecutive battles wins the war.

The Challenge: After each battle, the loser can rebuild his army, and the winner will fight with the same army composition of the previous battle. Can you win in disadvantage?

Featuring:

Intimidation strategies

Stunning attack animations

Informative GUI

Epic close combat battles

Realistic battle formations that make sense

A countless number of captains (12 captains) with a variety of unique abilities (2 or 3 unique abilities each)

The Art Style: This is the art style we are going for.

The Battle: The battle goes as follows: you choose your captain, he chooses his captain, you choose your formation, he chooses his formation, you use abilities, he uses abilities (this 5 times). You both meet in the center where the larger army will probably win. Or you can solve the conflict with a 1vs1 combat, where one of your units volunteers to fight for you. That's an option.

The Units: Each unit has a attack type which can be one of four: Fire, Water, Earth or Air. Each unit has a resistance to each element. Units have no health bar. If a unit is hit, either it blocks the attack or dies a horrible death.

The Battle Field: awesome.

The Single Player: Working on a campaign. Should be fun. And also an Arena mode.

The Multiplayer: The game will feature multiplayer mode, both online and offline, in case you want to play with your little brother. For online multiplayer, we are working on the matchmaking where you battle against players of similar experience. And LAN of course.

The Release: We will submit it to Steam Green Light on August.

The Name: League of Legends. Wait, is that taken? LoL xD RofLmAo

Thank you, and criticize whatever! Suggest whatever! We got plenty of time till August!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:46:35 pm by Tukimitzu »

lordseanington

• Coffee is the blood of a coder.
    • View Profile
Re: [TURN-BASED STRATEGY] No name yet
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:52:36 am »
Sounds very interesting, and one and a half. I love the idea and wish you good luck on your project. And yes  League of Legends is taken. Also, when you do put it on steam greenlight i would be happy to vote. Keep up the good work.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:36:21 am »
Sounds interesting. I'm curious to see how this goes with a team of one and a half!  ;D

A countless number of captains (12 captains)
I'm sorry but I can count to 12!
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:43:30 am »
Sounds very interesting, and one and a half. I love the idea and wish you good luck on your project. And yes  League of Legends is taken. Also, when you do put it on steam greenlight i would be happy to vote. Keep up the good work.

Thanks lordseanington, I will show the progress whenever I have made some, or when I come up with an original name I guess.

A countless number of captains (12 captains)
I'm sorry but I can count to 12!

Thanks Hapax! But, you know, marketing and stuff!  ;D

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:29:16 am »
Can you please post images on something like imgur.com? I can't see images because they're on your Dropbox which appears to be private.
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
Can you please post images on something like imgur.com? I can't see images because they're on your Dropbox which appears to be private.

Thank you for letting me know! Images updated!

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »
I didn't realise there were supposed to be images here! It's pretty nice. Good luck with it  :)
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 10:26:17 am »
Looks pretty rad already! With a nice art style it may get some deserved attention! :D
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 07:01:46 pm »
Hehe Thanks guys, this is not a super official announcement yet so I didn't care for the art. I'll sell the game better in a few months, but thanks for having faith!  :)

Ironbell

• View Profile
    • Cendric
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 07:16:25 pm »
Interesting game concept! I've never played something like this, looks fun :) Also, good luck with being greenlit in August ;)

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 09:16:25 am »
The presentation just made me think of the Korean movie "Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4bevVUgAHM

(Unfortunately couldn't find the scene in English, this video is from the German dub. They basically place their "special units" on opposing sides of the battlefield to insult and shame the other army.)

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 08:20:56 pm »
They basically place their "special units" on opposing sides of the battlefield to insult and shame the other army.

Hahaha that's the kind of humor I'm going for!  ;D

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:32 pm »
Interesting game concept! I've never played something like this, looks fun :) Also, good luck with being greenlit in August ;)

Thanks Ironbell!