Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: .NET Physics for SFML?  (Read 3020 times)

Recoil

• View Profile
.NET Physics for SFML?
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:35:41 am »
I have been tinkering around with stuff for my game engine and I am currently working on a small test project with a ball that has various physics aspects applied to it, such as rolling/bouncing/collision/gravity/etc...

Using the best google-foo I could master I set out searching for everything related to making this stuff happen.  Collision with the walls are working, and I can get it to bounce, and roll with rotating the ball shape.  Gravity, not so much.  I wanted to have a jump effect, which kinda works, but it only works on the bottom of the screen.  If I made platforms to jump to it is not going to work.  It seems there is a lot more to a few simple lines of code to make simple things happen.

So I came across the idea of using an existing physics engine...but it also seems I will have to recreate this wheel as well, because there is virtually nothing for vb.net, and everything I could find for C# uses XNA or Mono.  Because I am already comfortable working with SFML I really don't want to switch to anything else.  However, before I even set out on this journey I have to find out if anyone here who uses C# (because I am probably the only one using VB.NET) has a compatible engine they use with SFML?

I came across Box2d already, but the C# port of it was from 2008, and the examples I could never get to even work.  That project is now dead.  The good news is the devs moved on to making Farseer...unfortunately the examples are for XNA and Mono -_-

So I am reaching out to get some ideas.  I don't want to make one from scratch, the maths are just to difficult for me to understand.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

anything