Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game framework : Network-System-Graphics | Feedback appreciated  (Read 2005 times)

Shinao

• View Profile
Game framework : Network-System-Graphics | Feedback appreciated
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:30:48 am »
Hello,

I've finished my project for more than two month now but never got any feedback on it so it will be appreciated.

Link: https://github.com/Shinao/JustAGame

Basically what I wanted to do is a framework for all my mini games, I've had a lot of ideas and simple things to create but I had to redo some things every time and if I wanted to make it multiplayer it was really painful.

What's great about it is the simplicity to integrate a new game. The sample Tic Tac Toe is a shared library that will be loaded on runtime by the game framework when you join a server, if you don't have this game it will download it so that you don't have to keep updating your games manually to the clients.

I don't really use it anymore but some classes can be useful for some people since it's cross-platform. It probably have some bugs since I could not test it on a large scale.

Do you guys have also some libraries/classes that you re-use all the time ? What are they ?

Good day.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: Game framework : Network-System-Graphics | Feedback appreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:41:36 pm »
Hello
Hello! :)

Basically what I wanted to do is a framework for all my mini games
[...]
What's great about it is the simplicity to integrate a new game. The sample Tic Tac Toe is a shared library that will be loaded on runtime by the game framework when you join a server, if you don't have this game it will download it so that you don't have to keep updating your games manually to the clients.
Sounds interesting. Good job!

I don't really use it anymore
That's a shame. Why do you not update it to match your current requirements?

Do you guys have also some libraries/classes that you re-use all the time ? What are they ?
Yes, absolutely!
I use a few of my own libraries/projects in most other projects. If they don't "cut it" for what I need, they usually get updated and improved.
Apart from using the SFML library, the stuff I use most are:
I've also started using Slide Splash for intros :)
All of those are available on GitHub.

Good day.
You too! :D
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Shinao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 12:12:21 am »
I don't use it anymore because I do not create mini games like I used to.

That's an amazing list of ressources you've got there ! You have been productive on SFML :O
I wonder what kind of things are created that I don't know about that would have simplified all this, hm.

Thanks for your answer :)

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 05:07:25 pm »
You're welcome! :)

That's just the stuff I use and use regularly.

There are lots of other impressive SFML-based stuff that could ease your development of SFML-based programs.

Consider looking at things like:
as well as the many other things you can find in the SFML Projects forum and the SFML Wiki's Tutorials, Source Codes and Projects.

Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*