Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Multitouch On Linux  (Read 2445 times)

hutty

• View Profile
Multitouch On Linux
« on: February 21, 2017, 07:25:10 am »
Is there any way to get events from my multitouch notebook's screen into my SFML application. (Running gallium Linux)

As far as I am aware that SFML's multitouch events only work on Android and ios, so these events will need to come from another source. SDL picks them up, but I can't find a way to get SDL input without using SDL's window.

I have done quite a bit poking around the past week trying to find a solution, but for some reason information about this is scarce.

The touch screen does work, chrome and gtk3 apps get full multitouch support. Everest dumps events for it correctly and  Xinput says it supports up to 10 touches (and I will need all touches I can get)

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
Re: Multitouch On Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:14:53 am »
It's not implemented yet and I'm lacking any touch screen I could use with Linux to actually test and implement this (except a fake VM one I guess).

If you feel bold enough, feel fry trying to implement it and submit a pull request. The code doesn't have to be perfect on first try, but having something to work with would probably be a start. :)

hutty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:44:43 pm »
I don't have any experience working with SFML's source code, but i'll look into it.

prchakal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 01:19:21 am »
Hi,

I need the same thing. I bought a raspberry pi 3 with touch screen and want use sfml. But after touhc dont work, i check the source code for Linux and dont have touch implementations there :(

I change to SDL2 to finish my sample project:
https://github.com/ezored/sample-app

But thanks if anyone implement it.