Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Using SFML on an XBOX, Wii, PS3  (Read 4784 times)

superjoe

• View Profile
Using SFML on an XBOX, Wii, PS3
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:15:00 am »
Has anyone used SFML successfully on any of these platforms? Will I be able to support these platforms in the future if I depend on SFML?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:43:03 am »
SFML currently doesn't support these platforms, and there's no plan for supporting them in a near future.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

RetroX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:06:39 am »
There are quite a few problems with this.

1) None of them draw windows; they just have a full screen to display the "application."  This would require modifications to how SFML operates.
2) The Xbox 360 uses DirectX, not OpenGL.  I don't even know if the graphics card that it uses supports OpenGL.
3) You can't exactly "compile" an executable for these platforms.  And if you do, it would require homebrew, which is illegal (and won't be made official, nor will anyone likely make it).

WSPSNIPER

• View Profile
i can kindof program for the ps3
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:56:49 am »
i can use sfml on the ps3 but booted on linux, i know its not the ps3 os but its the ps3 lol, ps3 is the best, they allow you to put an operating system on it but only 456MB or so RAM oh well

Ashenwraith

• View Profile
Re: i can kindof program for the ps3
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:47:11 pm »
Quote from: "WSPSNIPER"
i can use sfml on the ps3 but booted on linux, i know its not the ps3 os but its the ps3 lol, ps3 is the best, they allow you to put an operating system on it but only 456MB or so RAM oh well

Last I heard they don't give you access to hardware acceleration and other hardware. It's sort of a faux homebrew system.

anything