Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML2 building linker error + wrong path - Archlinux  (Read 3059 times)

Ekinox

• View Profile
SFML2 building linker error + wrong path - Archlinux
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:48:28 am »
Hello,

I am atm trying to install SFML2 on my archlinux computer. However, it greatly do the first builds, but, when linking, it causes a "System Error".

The log :
Code: [Select]

$ cmake -i .
Would you like to see advanced options? [No]:
Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

Variable Name: BUILD_DOC
Description: TRUE to generate the API documentation, FALSE to ignore it
Current Value: FALSE
New Value (Enter to keep current value): TRUE

Variable Name: BUILD_EXAMPLES
Description: TRUE to build the SFML examples, FALSE to ignore them
Current Value: FALSE
New Value (Enter to keep current value): TRUE

Variable Name: BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
Description: TRUE to build SFML as shared libraries, FALSE to build it as static libraries
Current Value: TRUE
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
Description: Choose the type of build (Debug or Release)
Current Value: Release
New Value (Enter to keep current value): Debug

Variable Name: CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
Description: Install path prefix, prepended onto install directories.
Current Value: /usr/local

Variable Name: GLEW_INCLUDE_PATH
Description: The directory where GL/glew.h resides
Current Value: /usr/include

Variable Name: GLEW_LIBRARY
Description: The GLEW library
Current Value: /usr/lib/libGLEW.so

Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

CMake complete, run make to build project.

$ make
[  1%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Clock.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Err.cpp.o                                                                                                                            
[  3%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Lock.cpp.o                                                                                                                          
[  5%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Mutex.cpp.o                                                                                                                          
[  6%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Sleep.cpp.o                                                                                                                          
[  7%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/String.cpp.o                                                                                                                        
[  9%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Thread.cpp.o                                                                                                                        
[ 10%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/ThreadLocal.cpp.o                                                                                                                    
[ 11%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Unix/MutexImpl.cpp.o                                                                                                                
[ 12%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Unix/Platform.cpp.o                                                                                                                  
[ 14%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Unix/ThreadImpl.cpp.o                                                                                                                
[ 15%] Building CXX object src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/Unix/ThreadLocalImpl.cpp.o                                                                                                          
Linking CXX shared library ../../../lib/libsfml-system-d.so                                                                                                                                                
CMake Error: cmake_symlink_library: System Error: Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                  
CMake Error: cmake_symlink_library: System Error: Operation not permitted
make[2]: *** [lib/libsfml-system-d.so.2.0.0] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [src/SFML/System/CMakeFiles/sfml-system.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

How do you think I could fix it ? I downloaded the git version less than an hour ago.

Thank you in advance,
Ekinox

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:27:21 am »
Operation not permitted

Looks like a permission problem, maybe you should compile it in a different partition or directory?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Cptn_Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »
Are you using the sfml-git Package from the AUR?
If not; use it, because it is never a good idea to install something without the package manager.

Ekinox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »
I finally managed to get it work - I was building on a FAT-32 partition shared with windows (although I had its uid and gid set to me), and in my home it worked. Why ? I don't know, but it worked. =)

Cptn_Captain > When I had a look at sfml-git, it had been updated two weeks ago. And now it is one month ago. So, while I prefer using AUR whenever possible, sfml2 being in active development (last commit two days ago), I do prefer being able to update to the last version whenever I want, so I may see if there was not a patch fixing this already sent between nowadays and one month ago.

Cptn_Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:08:36 pm »
git-PKGBUILDs (and those of other VCS) always pull the latest Version.
The Version of the PKGBULD only means that the Packager was able to build the package at that date, when go to the src/SFML folder and do a git pull you will see that you are up to date,
If you wan't to update to the latest Version of SFML-git, go to src/SFML (not SFML-build) and do a git pull, rebuild and install the Package. (First delete what you manually installed to /usr/local)
EDIT: If you look at the PKGBUILD-Version: it gets updated automatically when you build the Package

BTW: FAT does not understand Unix-rights-stuff, thats why everything is set to 777.

anything