Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: OCard !!  (Read 3301 times)

man'O'war

• What needs to be done is done by those capable.
    • View Profile
OCard !!
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:24 pm »
Hi
I'm Dr.Crow 20 years Old, newBiE prOgrammer, first Year @university ! but i have  few knowledge abOut C++/Sfml & Qt ! sO,
I was working on a game-card project recently , sO i want to present it for you !in the same time, seekIng fOr advice !
because it become hardEr and little complicated to manage! eSpecially when a bug occur il the middle of nOWhere  :P ;D
the game is nOt finished,just the basics feature for a game card ! ! nO IA Available ! ;D

Project's Information
Name: OCard !!
Style : A Card-Game TurnPerTurn (TPT)!! ( OGame style )
Version: Testing version !
Langage : C++/SFml & Qt
Link : Qt's dll ( QtGui4.dll , QtCore4.dll ) --> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6ob16uocetoktj1
Link : Sfml's & MinGW's dll ( sfml-graphics.dll, sfml-system.dll, sfml-window.dll + libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll , mingwm10.dll) --> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3xcz4ltn1c9p24d
Link ( Ressource & Exe ) ( plateForme : Windows ) --> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pxa912qh64cc21i
ScreenShot !:: URL
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d6ppdwdmvpa718v
    About OCard !
    • OCard is a 2Player GameCard ( TPT )
    • Every players has a Deck which allow him to play, he can draw cards to his hand, or set as many card as he wants ( if condition of playing are true ), cards are played in the FieldZone ! which is compounded of two under-zone ,( Vessel/Fleet  Zone , and Tactic Zone )
    • Vessel/Fleet Zone : For Vessel Card, simply as Monters Card!
    • Tactic Zone For Tactics Card, simply as Magic Card !
      in addition of, that each player has ist own JunkZone ! for used and Discarded Card !
    How to play !
    Simple ! First OF all , draw a Card from your own deck and add it to your hand , then, you can Deploy a Vessel card in the your FleetZone , and / or use a tactic card ! only one Vessel Card can be deployed per turn per player Contrary to tactics card !
    FleetZone & TacticZone are Limited Zone, sO , each card player occupe one place in the Field !
    if you dont have any freeZone, you can play card of this type !
    after this, you déclare battle to your Opponent.... or not .  ;D
    Then, you Ends your turn .

Until Now, cards are in two spicies , Vessel & Tactics, i'll add other Types later ...
    Each Player has to Collect a sum of RESSOURCES to win  ( by attacking )! ( not avaliable in this version )

Inside Turn :
      Every turn is compounded of Steps :
      • DP : Draw Phase : The Player can Draw a card in this phase (if the deck is empty, gameOver )
      • SP: Standby phase : Phase where some cardEffect are activated ! ( not avaliable in this version )
      • M1 :Main Phase 1:this is the principal Phase of the turn, you can play VesselCard or Tactics-One ! or change Fleetcard position
      • BP: Battle Phase : in this phase, you can declare battle using your deployed Vessel  in your FleetZone to attack your opponent !
      • M2 : Main Phase 2: Similar to MAIN PHASE 1 , but just that the BattlePhase is over !  ;D
      • EP: this is the End Phase ! ( ends of turn )

Few Fundamental notion
      • No IA avaliable, you'll play for the two player at same time  ::) :P

• A Player can Only déploy one Vessel per turn, and use as many tactic cards ( except of a use of tactic card that allow an extra deployement of Vessel )
      • Vessels Can switch between two position, ( Offensive mode and Retreat Mode ) equivalent to ( Attack & Defense )
      • A Vessel  can change a position once per turn !
      • If A Vessel  has already attacked or just deployed during this turn, it can't change its position til next turn!
      • A Vessel can only change its position in MAIN PHASE 1 & 2
      • Each Vessel has Weapon.Point & Shell.Point respectivly ( Offensive & Retreat Mode ) , only one value is active/used during a battle, which depend on the current position of the Vessel !

Eg :A Vessel inOffensive mode attacks a Vessel in Retreat Mode !
      Battle Calulation is applied between ( WeaponPoint of the attacked(offensive) & ShellPoint of the target(Retreat) )

• Tactic card are in two type,
      • instant Effect : are sent to the juckZone after activating
      • continuous effect : their effect are continuous while the card is activated !

inGUI :
        • to activate a Tactic Card, just click it from your hand ! ( none of tactic card has a effect ) !
        • to Deploye a Vessel Card, left Click the Card, then Click FleetFiledZone where you want to deploy it ! , if you want to cancel a deployement to choose an other one, right click annyWhere ! ( but before final deployment )  ;D
        • A Vessel deployement is Manual , because the game allOw to Deploy a Vessel on an other Vessel , so nOw, it forms a fleet & ( Grouped Attack notion)  ( 3 max )
        • A Fleet is a group of Vessel deployed one on the other, acting such a one card !,  the WeaponPoint or ShellPoint of the Fleet, is the sum of all its component !
        • To change the position of a Fleet, jsut click on It in the FleetZone il M1 or M2 !
        • To Move between GamePhases , click on the IconPhase to activate it !
        • In BP -BattlePhase - , to déclare battle, you must have at least one Fleet & in Offensive Mode, in that case, left click your click and maitain your clicking, then release in the target ! so that was a battle déclaring ! ( there is nO big animation or sound, this is just testing ..... )  ;D

Check the LOGer in the middle of the Field, it indicates the information of the actual happening events ! ( in French   ::) )

Add-Ons feature !  8)
          I'll introduce the Quantifiers of the game ! What each player dispose, and what player win in afterBattle !.
          til nOw, there is Two types :
          • RES : ( Ressource ) : this is the an mount of ressource, each player has the some quantity , and if one player reach a spécific sum, he wns, ( condition of wining or losing will be set after ) ( not avaliable in this version !)
          • HONOR : ( Honor ) : these is an optional, it allows to activate some kind of card , ( each card has a cost for activation ) you can recycle it to increase your ressources
          • After each battle, if a fleet is destroyed, a débris si formed  of metal & cristal in the zone where the battle happened ! , the amount depends on the destroyed fleet !
          EnjOy, and thank you !

Explaining my problems , i have no experience for such a big game ! ( getting complicated each time i progress in  :-\ ) !
          I'm using a GameManger! which include players & manage the whole game in a freeThread !
          some times, sfml window does not get updated until the function is over !

I explain : may be you've noticed that the program takes a while to load ( to be launched) ! (just few second but, in fact: this is the first draw Code ( animated style ) !
          [/list][/list][/list][/list]
          Code: [Select]
          firstDrwa()
          {
               for ( int i = 0; i < 5; i++ )
               {DrawCard();
               sf::Sleep(x);}
              //each x.second, the player draw a card, until he draws 5 !then, the game continue ....
          }
          {
          In my program, i'm using two thread , ( the man thread, and the thread of the GameManager )
          HowEver this code is in theThread( GameManger) , and the draws ( of sprites ) are in the main Thread :??:  :o :(
          *Same Thing when j've tried to animate a drawAction ! from deck to Hand ! if the animation takes 3seconds !
          Code: [Select]
          1.When ready to draw !
          2.the window freezes ( 3 sec )
          3.then the card is directly in the hand !

There is no animation of the sprite ! ( the moving )  :-\
          any suggestion !! ? !

thank you & have a nice day !
          Dr.Crow !
          « Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:37:07 pm by man'O'war »

anything