Thanks heaps guys, really glad you like it
its my first real project and first time using sfml
Try setting up a map generator of some kind even if it's fixed having one on hand will make your life easier if you're going to use tiles.
I have written a tile based map editor for it that I'm using to make maps at the moment, a map generator would be pretty awesome
no idea how to make one though
- Downloading the map list or a map takes like forever, although it's only a few bytes...
- When downloading something the whole application freezes, e.g. you can't close it.
yea, I know but have no idea how to make it any faster, I'm using sf::Ftp to connect to the map server.
- The key mapping is horrible. Once because many European keyboards use the QWERTZ layout instead of QWERTY, thus the Z and Y will be swapped. Second because you don't use standard keys for standard actions, it kind of feels like a bad console port. You can always map Z (or Y) to selecte, or X to exit, but please also bind RETURN and ESC, it's just more natural and way faster, e.g. you choose something from the menu and use the arrow keys, the natural response to the select is pressing RETURN with the same hand. The same applies to the exit command, it's faster to just hit ESC instead of 'searching' where the X is on the keyboard and then press it.
defiantly a good idea, will do this, thanks
- The map format could get greatly improved.
Sprint is the first time I have ever written to or read from files so I'm very new to it, not sure how to improve it but I will look up some tutorials and see what I can do.
- The Ayedit advertisment on the website is really confusing...
Yea, its a trade off as my friend made the site for me. I don't have the slightest idea when it comes to webpage development so in exchange for him making the site for me he put an add for his site on it.
really appreciate all the feedback