Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ERROR "The procedure entry point ZTVN10_cxxabiv120_si_class_type_infoE could not  (Read 5896 times)

ZeroAndOne

• View Profile
    • Email
 I'm new to SFML and I'm still trying to get my first window running. but I'm getting the error below. ERROR "The procedure entry point ZTVN10_cxxabiv120_si_class_type_infoE could not be located in the dynamic library libstdc++-6.dll" Does anybody know what the problem could be?

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
It means that you are trying to use the SFML library with another runtime than what it was compiled for. You need to compile it yourself and it should work. If the runtime library on your machine does not match the runtime it was compiled for you get these ominous "The procedure entry point XYZ could not be located in the dynamic library libstdc++-6.dll" messages. libstdc++-6.dll is provided as the C++ runtime that MinGW links to by default and is different depending on when and where you downloaded the MinGW distribution.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

gws923

• View Profile
Thought about starting a new topic, but this thread seems to provide some good context, so I'm just going to reply here.

I am having a similar problem as OP. 

I was building a library that used SFML and everything was working fine for a few months, until I decided to update SFML (I had been using a release candidate from over a year ago) and started getting linker errors.

Long story short: I updated Codeblocks, and seem to have fixed the linker errors, but now am getting a similar error:
The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll

So, I decided to compile SFML myself, assuming this would fix the problem, as SFML and my library would have been compiled by the same compiler (I'm using Code::Blocks 12.11 with MinGW), but it has not.

Any ideas?

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
Throw out ALL of the old stuff. Wipe the library folders clean. All of them. Even copies if they exist. Then wipe your project's binary folders clean. Then rebuild EVERYTHING. It should work then...
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

gws923

• View Profile
Thank you!  I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

anything