Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problems installing SFML 2.0  (Read 883 times)

Xelvair

• View Profile
Problems installing SFML 2.0
« on: December 09, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »
Hello there, new to this forum.
I've been working with SFML 1.6 for a few weeks now, and some days ago i was offered the opportunity to present a game at my school's open day.

Now unfortunately, SFML 1.6 doesn't work on ATI cards, which I'm pretty sure the school PCs use. Therefore i went to install SFML 2.0 (I also considered jumping to OpenGL straight away, but the deadline's on wednesday, and I don't have the time to learn a new API)

After some smaller problems which i eventually fixed i got the compiled lib files (the .DLL's and the .a files)

The first thing that seemed weird were that the .dll's were about 5 times smaller than the 1.6 ones.

Then I quickly wrote a little program and compiled it, which worked just fine.
But the problem is that it seems to be unable to find some kind of procedure entry in a certain DLL file. I absolutely don't know what I'm doing wrong. Here's a screenshot of m problem:

The error message says that a precedure entry couldn't be found in libstdc++-6.dll

If you guys have any further questions, please ask :)

Thanks in advance, Xelvair

Also, first post. Yay!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »
Which CMake options did you use to compile SFML (especially the STATIC_STD_LIBS one)?

Are you sure that the executable picks up the right libstdc++-6.dll file (in case you have several)?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Xelvair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:32:47 pm »
Hey, thanks for the quick answer.
These are the settings i used in CMake:

How would I go about testing which .dll it uses, and which one it should use?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »
Did you build SFML with Code::Blocks or MinGW makefiles? If not, use the second option, Code::Blocks is always causing problems.

How would I go about testing which .dll it uses

With a small program called "dependency walker" (depends.exe).

and which one it should use?

The one which is in the "bin" folder of the MinGW that you used to compile SFML and your project.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Xelvair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »
Alright, got it to work now:
The problem was that I had two seperate MinGW compilers on my pc, the one that came with CodeBlocks, and a seperate one I installed for what ever reason.

The fix was to delete the seperate compiler, and add the directory of the CB compiler to the path variables in windows. Then i just replaced the corrupt .dlls and .as with the newly compiled ones, and now everything is working.

Thank you! :)

~Xelvair