Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML Compiling  (Read 2451 times)

LucasShadow

• View Profile
SFML Compiling
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:09:24 pm »
Hello there.  I have been attempting to update my SFML to 2.0, but have run into quite a few problems.  Even after carefully reading the tutorial provided on this site, watching youtube tutorials, and doing multiple google searches, cmake seems to hate me :(  Is there a pre-compiled version of SFML 2.0 for a Windows Vista system using the Codeblocks IDE?

texus

• View Profile
    • TGUI
    • Email
SFML Compiling
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:23:21 pm »
Maybe there is, but if you would explain your problems then someone might help you installing it with cmake.
The advantage of this will be that once you understand it, you will always be able to get the latest version instead of waiting until someone puts the binaries online.
TGUI: C++ SFML GUI

LucasShadow

• View Profile
SFML Compiling
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »
Well, I would prefer a link to a pre-compiled version...but here is the problem(s):

I was following the tutorial provided and when I selected the appropriate generator for CodeBlocks MinGW Makefiles.  I then hit "Configure and received the following errors:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/SFML/SFML 2.0 Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/SFML/SFML 2.0 Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have tried to remedy them myself by double checking that the cmake variable is set, trying different generator types, and, of course, googling some of them.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFML Compiling
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:34:25 am »
Either you forgot this step:
On Windows, if you want to use gcc (MinGW), you can temporarily add the MinGW\bin directory to the PATH and then run cmake from the command shell:

Code: [Select]
> set PATH=%PATH%;your_mingw_folder\bin
> cmake

(of course you must run CMake from the same shell where you changed the PATH environment variable)

... or your MinGW installation lacks the "make" program (mingw32-make).
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer