Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: main.cpp file suddenly empty but still has file size 29kb  (Read 1916 times)

Voroz

• View Profile
main.cpp file suddenly empty but still has file size 29kb
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:25:31 am »
Hi. It was quite some time i did any programming but i decided to test my small game, which holds pretty much all my programming skills and the collision type i came up with etc. It's almost all that i've done so it sucks to have it disappear. I even saved the project on a USB and in my computer, but the main.cpp is empty in both places. I have a few other smaller test programs with 5-8 kb main.cpp files and they work fine. But in this only important project it's gone.

The file was last changed 03/17 it says, i'm not sure if i did any programming then or not. What gives me a bit of hope still is that it's 29kb, so it can't be empty. Does anyone know what i can do? I'll post the file here so you can check for yourselves.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: main.cpp file suddenly empty but still has file size 29kb
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:50:43 am »
Your file is full of zeroes. Sorry, you have definitely lost everything.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Voroz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
Your file is full of zeroes. Sorry, you have definitely lost everything.
ok thanks :/. Weird how that can happen though. And on 2 places. in USB and harddrive.

Voroz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:20:23 am »
Maybe it was my new computer that ruined it. I got a new computer and was working with my programming, but 1 RAM memory was broken and i didn't realize for quite some time. Maybe when i saved the last time the save got corrupted because of it, and i assumed the save was ok and copied it to my USB.