Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problems, Lots of Them  (Read 4697 times)

Jalfor

• View Profile
Problems, Lots of Them
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:25:17 am »
I've been trying to get SFML working on VSE 2010 though I am running into problem, after problem, after problem. I've managed to fix a few of them though I am stuck with one more that I cannot figure out. Any information that you need to solve the problem I will happily provide.

This is the error message when I try to compile the clock thing which is the first tutorial. btw I'm using 2.0

1>------ Build started: Project: sfml test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  main.cpp
1>d:\programming\c++ projects\sfml test\sfml test\main.cpp(10): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'float' to 'sf::Uint32', possible loss of data
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'sfml-graphics.2.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

PS: I don't know if this is in the right section. I have no clue what exactly the problem is because it has been complaining about lots of different things though I think I have managed to fix them.
If a picture tells 1000 words, then a YouTube video clearly tells 1000000 making a YouTube video obviously a larger work than the Lord Of The Rings, or some other massive novel. Thus are the laws of YouTube videos.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:45 am »
Have you actually read what the compiler says?

This is not an error, only a warning. And it says that you implicitely convert from Uint32 to float, which is indeed what happens and you would know why if you had looked at the documentation (1.6 tutorials are of course outdated for 2.0, but the doc is up to date) ;)

And your app should work fine since it's only a warning.

What other problems did you already fix? If you feel like there's something that could be done on my side, don't hesitate to let me know.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Re: Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »
Quote from: "Jalfor"
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'sfml-graphics.2.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========.

Laurent... you missed the actual problem :P

You are telling it to link sfml-graphics.2.lib and not sfml-graphics-2.lib which is the correct name.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:58:03 pm »
:lol:

I'm really sorry.

The actual name is sfml-graphics.lib (-2 is only for dll files).

Jalfor

• View Profile
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:12 am »
'sfml test.exe': Loaded 'D:\programming\C++ projects\sfml test\Debug\sfml test.exe', Symbols loaded.
'sfml test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[4212] sfml test.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).

This is the error I'm now getting. It comes up in a popup window with the black console.
If a picture tells 1000 words, then a YouTube video clearly tells 1000000 making a YouTube video obviously a larger work than the Lord Of The Rings, or some other massive novel. Thus are the laws of YouTube videos.

Jalfor

• View Profile
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:29 am »
*BUMP*

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:33 am »
You're not the only one here, and people are not focused on your problem. Please don't bump only 3 hours after posting, and stop duplicating your problem in new topics.

The program '[4212] sfml test.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).

Ok, your app crashes. Now you can show your code, and maybe run the debugger to know more about the crash (find which file/line, print the call stack, ...) ;)

Jalfor

• View Profile
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:51 am »
You're not the only one here, and people are not focused on your problem. Please don't bump only 3 hours after posting, and stop duplicating your problem in new topics.

sorry, I understand, I was getting a bit impatient I guess. I won't do it again.

Ok, your app crashes. Now you can show your code, and maybe run the debugger to know more about the crash (find which file/line, print the call stack, ...)

Code: [Select]

#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    sf::Clock Clock;
    while (Clock.GetElapsedTime() < 5.f)
    {
        std::cout << Clock.GetElapsedTime() << std::endl;
        sf::Sleep(0.5f);
    }

return 0;
}

It's just the first thing in the tutorial, I'm just trying to get it working.
With the debugger, that is the thing bellow, that all doesn't come up in a popup window, what comes up in the popup window is:

The program can't start because sfml-system-2.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

[/code][/quote]

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:47:31 am »
So the problem is that your application can't find sfml-system-2.dll when it starts. Make sure that it is copied in the same directory as the executable.

Jalfor

• View Profile
Problems, Lots of Them
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »
It works now. That a heap. I don't remember seeing that in any tutorial anywhere, anyway, thanks.