Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Network / Re: TcpSocket connect on Android does not behave correctly
« Last post by eXpl0it3r on Today at 10:34:03 pm »
The TcpSocket seems to decide when seeing my routers ip: Nope, (almost) every other Ip is fine but this one, naah.

... just not when calling the connect() method on a (my) public Ip.
Can you describe your setup again in more detail?

If you're trying to call your own public IP within the same network and it doesn't work, then this might actually just be a NAT loopback issue. Your router may need to be configured to directly route packets back into the network that address itself.

Regarding Wireshark, if you're tracking the network from your own device, makes sure you're scanning the whole network and if you're unlucky, you might not even see the wifi chatter on the network.

Could I somehow see where the status Disconnected comes from exactly? I could only pinpoint it down to the two calls ::connect() and select() in the TcpSocket connect() method but can't find where those themselves are coming from.
You could try to get more information from the specific that is mapped in SFML: https://github.com/SFML/SFML/blob/2.6.x/src/SFML/Network/Unix/SocketImpl.cpp#L89
« Last post by Unicode on Today at 08:04:05 pm »
Thanks a lot!

Yeah I've had a look into both. The manifest and everything else is pretty much hidden and generated by the compiler App behind the scene. All one does to code a SFML program is to include it and write code for it. No set up or anything required, but therefore also not accessible.
Wireshark also just confirms that nothing actually leaves the device. The TcpSocket seems to decide when seeing my routers ip: Nope, (almost) every other Ip is fine but this one, naah.

I don't think some other permissions or requirements are the problem either, since it perfectly works with the UdpSocket, the TcpListener and the TcpSocket itself even, though just not when calling the connect() method on a (my) public Ip.

I also couldn't find any other post about this issue, although some have mentioned not being able to connect to public Ips via Tcp. Sadly these threads don't go to much into detail and are left abandoned after a short amount of time.

Could I somehow see where the status Disconnected comes from exactly? I could only pinpoint it down to the two calls ::connect() and select() in the TcpSocket connect() method but can't find where those themselves are coming from.
« Last post by eXpl0it3r on June 01, 2024, 07:54:16 pm »
I've little experience with Android, so I don't have any special insights. ;D
A quick web search led me to INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permissions. Did you set those in the manifest?

I assume, you're connected via WLAN, correct?
You could try to run Wireshark on your home network and/or phone, to see what's actually going on on the wire itself.
Graphics / Re: scrolling texture thru sprite
« Last post by eXpl0it3r on June 01, 2024, 07:44:43 pm »
There are multiple ways to achieve this. The simplest I can think of the top of my head would be to utilize the view for the movement of the player and keep rendering two instances of the background texture, so if there's an overlap, the player won't notice.

See the view tutorial for more information on that: https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.6/graphics-view.php

Maybe this graphics helps to understand what I meant:

Graphics / scrolling texture thru sprite
« Last post by BitMaNip on June 01, 2024, 06:22:19 pm »
Hi All

I want to have a sprite with a texture. They will be the same size which is the width of the screen. I want to be able to keep the sprite stationary and horizontally move the texture (left and right) so it looks like a repeating scrolling background that wraps around. Movement amount will change on user input.

How would I do this please?

Network / TcpSocket connect on Android does not behave correctly
« Last post by Unicode on June 01, 2024, 02:08:09 pm »
Hello everybody!
Working with the TcpSocket for some time now, I encountered a couple of problems using it. I think I will make new posts for the other ones in the future, but this one is really wierd and makes it kind of unusable.

Problem:
Whenever I initialize a TcpSocket on Android and call its connect() method, wierd things happen. With my local ip it works just fine. It waits the specified amount of time for a connection and returns either status Error or status Done (just as you'd expect). This is the case on both Windows and Android. But with some (including my) public ips (just!) on Android, it seems to always recognize the ip as incorrectly formatted or something like that and returns status Disconnected immediately.
This is wierd because the exact same code behaves perfectly fine on Windows (and mabye other OSs), but becomes unusable on Android if you want to have it initiate a connection (the sf::TcpListener works fine too).

Minimal example (same for Android as for Windows):
#include <SFML/Networking.hpp>

int main() {
    sf::TcpSocket socket;
    socket.connect("SomePublicIp", 42069, sf::seconds(10));

return 0;
}

Additional info:
I used Visual Studio 2022 and SFML-2.6.1 on Windows and the (btw SUPER convenient) App CxxDroid with SFML-2.5.1 already setup on Android. The version difference shouldn't matter since the changelog shows that only very little in the networking module changed, nothing to do with this problem I think.

Also (if it matters) I have set up port forwarding and am on different networks (one being my home router and the other one my phones mobile network). I additionally even restarted my router to get a new public Ip, but it doesn't work with this new one either. It now works (i.e. waits 10 seconds and returns status Error instead of instant status Disconnected) though with my old Ip, just as my router switched Ips! What's going on here?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! ;D
Window / Failing to render anything
« Last post by szerokiG on May 31, 2024, 06:56:27 pm »
Hello, I've been trying to make a SFML project and succeeded, however when trying to link a DLL to my project I stumbled upon a roadblock. Now trying to render ANYTHING somehow fails and I can't figure out why's that. Everything is linked correctly however SFML is acting in a VERY weird way.
Even the simplest:

this->m_window->clear();

Somehow fails. After a few seconds I get an exception:

Exception thrown at 0x00007FF95FA82A47 (igxelpicd64.dll) in MAIN.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location

Pls help.  :-\
I haven't read your OpenGL code, but if you use the default AlphaBlend blend mode, this is expect behavior.

You're rendering the same transparent item over the other, adds the alpha values, so over multiple iterations the alpha value simple gets to the max value and this becomes fully visible and not transparent anymore.
Make sure your E:\SFML-2.6.1\lib directory contains the needed files (e.g. libsfml-graphics-d.a).

Make sure the compiler is actually configured to the expected version.

I use the following download for SFML 2.6.1: "GCC 13.1.0 MinGW (DW2) - 32-bit".

I use the newest release of CB (installed from codeblocks-20.03mingw-32bit-setup.exe).
Those don't match, see the links in the red box on the SFML Download page, that links you to the exactly matching compiler.
General / Re: Font Loading.
« Last post by o2ciri on May 31, 2024, 05:45:16 pm »
Ok, I tried pasting your code into my main and it worked. Also changing font* in the constructor to sf::Font font also works. Thanks for your help.

I'm also wondering how to initialize the font in the .h file to use it in the .cpp, since it should be initialized in the initializers of the constructor, and writing the loading from the file in the initializers, I'm not sure that's a good idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything