Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: MinGW Deployment Error  (Read 935 times)

baldwinthree

• View Profile
    • Email
MinGW Deployment Error
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:20:36 am »
Hello -

So the TL:DR of it is that I simply cannot get a simple sfml program (opening a window), on windows, compiled with MinGW, to be moved to another machine (without minGW installed), and running correctly.

So, I'm including the required (at least, the ones that it will throw an error window for) .dlls (sfml-system.dll, sfml-window.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll). These are the respective sfml-mingw and mingw release libraries of the correct versions (since it's correctly running on the machine I'm compiling it on).

What's happening with the current code that I'm compiling is a command prompt window will open with nothing in it (regardless of any printf's that occur before any sfml code), and then stay open until I close it by clicking the "x". No rendering window or other window opens up at any point.

I've also tried it both with the precompiled samples from-source compilations. Non-window applications seem to work (like the ftp sample), whereas the windowed ones (like the pong sample) just throw up a window which immediately closes.

I'm unsure where to go from this point, as google and forum searches on this particular subject haven't given anything useful yet. I just have so many native pieces of code (in linux) lying around that I'd like to share around to windows folks, without having to go through the pain of VS.

Anyone encounter something like this before?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: MinGW Deployment Error
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:55 am »
SFML 1.6 and ATI graphics card?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

baldwinthree

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:25:36 am »
Correct! Damn, I should have thought of that. All the machines I've tested it without MinGW on are ATI, and it's SFML 1.6. The machine I'm compiling with is Nvidia.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: MinGW Deployment Error
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:33:56 am »
Aka ATI bug. You need to link SFML statically or even better switch to SFML 2. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

baldwinthree

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:09 am »
Awesome, will do. I swear I've even heard about this before, I just must have forgotten about it. Thanks!

anything