Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML graphics module - "no symbols loaded"  (Read 1667 times)

Simsonomia

SFML graphics module - "no symbols loaded"
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:23:01 am »
Good morning/evening. I have a problem, which is really difficult to solve.

Every time I try to create Text/Sprite/RenderWindow object (literally, every time I do this), VS 2013 gives me message like that: "No symbols loaded for sfml-graphics-2.dll", it's impossible to access the window of app - the window becomes white, then a message about access violation appears. I tried moving files, code and dependencies to new project, changing ways of linking libraries (from dynamic to static) - nothing works. Some of that objects are global variables (like RenderWindow object).

Is there any way to fix this problem?
I can't send any piece of code now - sending it will be possible at about 8:00 pm.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: SFML graphics module - "no symbols loaded"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:54:45 am »
The problem is likely related to global variables, you're not supposed to use SFML resource object at global scope. Try if it disappears when you use a narrower scope for your window (and everything else).

The symbols not being loaded is an unrelated problem and means that your runtime hasn't found debug symbols (PDB files). It doesn't affect the program behavior.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: SFML graphics module - "no symbols loaded"
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »
Not globally. Declare the window as a member variable in a class, and instantiate that class within main(). Of course, it's also possible to use multiple indirections.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development: