Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TurboZonk - Arcade Survival Crafting Game  (Read 2279 times)

Daerst

• View Profile
TurboZonk - Arcade Survival Crafting Game
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:47:53 pm »
Hey there,

I'd like to introduce TurboZonk, an Arcade Survival Crafting Game for up to 4 players (local coop) who are hunted by Zonks (which are essentially Zombies).

In two seconds, each player chooses one of four randomly selected items. Sword, gun, chicken, sex doll, shark... We've got them all!

Then you have to survive for 30 seconds, using only what you got before.

After you survived, you get the chance to combine your items to more useful stuff. Rinse and repeat!

You can play the game on GameJolt. If you find bugs or have ideas on how to improve / extend the game, please post them here or use our dedicated GameLoop page.

Have fun!
David

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TurboZonk - Arcade Survival Crafting Game
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:55:49 pm »
Alright, because nobody replied to this project yet, not even how they liked it, - and I don't think that nobody tried this - I will give a small feedback  :)

First of all I had quite some fun playing this game, I didn't find any bugs or unexpected behaviour!
I didn't register or anything, so I can just tell from what I've played without it. (if it even makes a difference, idk)

The intro and the credits are pretty good, also the Graphics are neat. The tutorial is a bit hidden imo, but good.
The 8-bit music fits quite well to the game, but it is annoying with time, because of no variety. Maybe you work on some more of them?

Is it just me or can't you do anything useful before combining items, because of no ammo, except for some?
If so, it's a bit boring in the beginning if you can only run in circles  ::)

Some ideas from me, which would be nice to have:
  • A settings page for at least volume, controls and screen resolution
  • A "collection" of (already found) combinations to recap
  • More variety in Zonks and music
  • Maybe a battle mode? ;)

Thanks for sharing!
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress!

BaneTrapper

• Do you even see this, i dont need it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TurboZonk - Arcade Survival Crafting Game
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »
Not sure if bug, but at some point zombie sprites had 4 pixels messed up about them 2 right and 2 left of the sprite where gray colored.

It got quite boring after 5-10 min, until then the new experience was fun, there is no complexity to running away from zombies, no obstacles for them to trip...

The weapons are quite unclear what they do at first, but i guess its a whacky theme so it should stay that way.

I personally like quality over quantity, difficulty comes from quantity of zed, not quality.

Allot of possibilities to expand, good luck.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:00:16 pm by BaneTrapper »
BaneTrapperDev@hotmail.com Programing, Coding
Projects: Not in development(unfinished/playable):
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=11073.msg76266#msg76266
UP and in Development: The Wanderer - Lost in time
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=14563.0