Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 : Missing DLL's  (Read 2050 times)

Deftwun

• View Profile
SFML 2.0 : Missing DLL's
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:09 am »
sorry if this has been asked before as I'm sure it may have been, but I could not find anything.

Before I upgraded to 2.0 from 1.6 I was linking against the static libs which had a -s suffix ("libsfml-graphics-s.a" I believe) because if I tried any other way I would get this same problem and it just seemed easier. I'm now linking with the 2.0 libs which dont have the '-s' in the filename. I can get my project to compile but it says I'm missing the dlls.

Should I be linking with the DLL's until this version is finalized? Or am I missing something else?

Deftwun

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:19:07 am »
alright no more working when I'm tired....
It cant find the dll so you link against the libs and put the dlls IN THE FOLDER...
I know I know it makes no sense right ... (facepalm)
..Please disregard..

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »
Check the CMAKE variables (just open CMakeCache.txt with a text editor). You're able to pick static or shared libraries as wel as having the docs and examples built. As far as I know Laurent just changed the default behavior from building static libraries to building shared libraries.

Deftwun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:08 am »
ah yes I see it right there. It was indeed set to shared. Thank you for the tip!