Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with sfml 2.0 rc - compiling but not working -  (Read 10052 times)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Problem with sfml 2.0 rc - compiling but not working -
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:01 am »
P.S : That's weird though, did you try to compile and run it? Was it working? I swear it wasn't working from the very start, even without those ";"
No, but I'm 100% sure that your problem is caused by these ";". Your initial problem was probably caused by a bad working directory.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

zaedas99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »
P.S : That's weird though, did you try to compile and run it? Was it working? I swear it wasn't working from the very start, even without those ";"
No, but I'm 100% sure that your problem is caused by these ";". Your initial problem was probably caused by a bad working directory.

zaedas99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:02 pm »
*bump*

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:57 pm »
Bump what? You didn't give any update after I spotted your error, and your last message was just a quote with no answer from you.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

zaedas99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »
Bump what? You didn't give any update after I spotted your error, and your last message was just a quote with no answer from you.

My bad, i was on a very bad wifi network yesterday, and it would seems that my answer didn't get here in full.

Anyway, i quoted you because even after deletings those ";", the problem is still there : It'll open for a few secs, then crash instantly (aka closes).

The console, in fact, still give the usual "can't open file" error.

EDIT : After reading a previous comment which suggested that the default path was wrong with the IDE, i tried to launch directly from the folder and BAM! It works. So those ";" were indeed the root problem, mixed with a wrong path from the ide.

I want to thank you again for all the help btw, Laurent.
And i'd like to thanks Lo-X for the ide path suggestion.