Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Monitor API  (Read 2423 times)

Jeanne-Kamikaze

• View Profile
    • ShellBlade
Monitor API
« on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:05 pm »
Hi,

From the documentation, it seems SFML still does not offer an API to inspect the system's monitors (correct me if I am wrong). I think the library would benefit from something like it, and a quick search on the forums yields a few threads where people ask about the feature.

The API could be something like what GLFW offers: http://www.glfw.org/docs/latest/group__monitor.html. Essentially, it allows you to enumerate the system's monitors and query details about each of them, such as their position and dimensions within the bigger virtual screen, the video modes they support, and so on.

Foaly

• View Profile
Re: Monitor API
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:06:51 am »
I had a case once, where I wanted to use a SFML window in fullscreen on a projector (second screen), while I control the content from another window on my laptop (first screen). Currently this requires a workaround. Of course this is just one use case, that I could think of, but I'm sure there are more. Especially if you have some bigger setup. So I think it would be a good idea to extend SFML's monitor capabilities.

Jeanne-Kamikaze

• View Profile
    • ShellBlade
Re: Monitor API
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:50:22 pm »
Using SFML to render to a projector too :).