Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Linker doesn't create libs  (Read 2889 times)

CBenni::O

• View Profile
Linker doesn't create libs
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:36:19 am »
Hy,

Wanting to update my SFML-2.0 build, I updated using the branch-repository.
Compiling with Visual Studio 2010 worked, but the linker threw the warning MSB8012 if I built the DLLs, followed by a weird Text.

In addition it didn't build the .lib files (e.g. sfml2-system(-d).lib), eventhough the Incremental Linker Files (.ilk) and the DLLs were generated.

Part of the Build Log:
Code: [Select]
C:\Programme\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\lib\vc2008\sfml2-system-d.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

C:\Programme\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(sfml-system) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (sfml2-system-d). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

Link:
Creating library C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.lib and object C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.exp

LinkEmbedManifest:
Creating library C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.lib and object C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.exp

sfml-system.vcxproj -> C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.dll

FinalizeBuildStatus:
Deleting file "C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.unsuccessfulbuild".

Touching "C:\Programme\SFML\SFML-2.0 Data\build\vc2008\..\..\Temp\vc2008\sfml-system\Debug DLL\sfml-system.lastbuildstate".

Build succeeded.

Time Elapsed 00:00:03.31
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hope you can do something with this information ;)

What can I do? Is this an Error of SFML or me?
I have compiled SFML in VS2010 before and never had problems, how come this revision doesn't work?

thanks for your help,
42!
Metal will never die!

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »
I'm sorry for the push, but the problem persists...

I have retried it again and again, but nothing I changed helped anything...
Is there any solution for this?

bye, CBenni::O
42!
Metal will never die!

ftb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:37:31 pm »
same error....

is pretty annoying^^
Go fix it please :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:54:44 pm »
Using cmake, i was able to create the libs ;)

But please fix it anyway :D

bye, CBenni::O
42!
Metal will never die!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:49 am »
It's not my fault if the conversion wizard fails to generate valid projects for VS 2010 ;).

You can generate valid VS 2010 project files with CMake.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer