Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with installation?  (Read 13724 times)

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 02:02:23 pm »
Knew it'd be something obvious that I'd totally overlooked, thanks a bunch! :)

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »
Ugh I seem to be doomed with constant problems... when attempting to run the graphics (I remembered to link and put the .dll's into the executable this time) I get another problem.

The window flashes within a split second and fails (even the window program alone seemed to have issues... it'd run, but freeze, not allowing me to exit or minimize)

I get a code 1 with both window and graphics source.

Output for Graphics Source.cpp
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Game\Debug\SFML Game.exe', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Game\Debug\sfml-graphics-d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Game\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Game\Debug\sfml-window-d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\rooksbas.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.5512_x-ww_35d4ce83\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctfime.ime', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATKOGL32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvoglnt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x618) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll'
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctagent.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\hid.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imagehlp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xdd8) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The program '[4556] SFML Game.exe: Native' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:13 pm »
Do you use the debug graphics library (sfml-graphics-d) in debug mode?
Did you properly recompile it with VC++ 2010?

What happens if you run the debugger? Where does it crash, and with what message?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 10:32:23 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
Do you use the debug graphics library (sfml-graphics-d) in debug mode?

Yes

Did you properly recompile it with VC++ 2010?

Yes

What happens if you run the debugger? Where does it crash, and with what message?

First specific crash points to this line, stating unsigned int's and unsigned HWND handle... it won't even continue debugging past this point... which is almost the very start?

LRESULT CALLBACK OnEvent(HWND Handle, UINT Message, WPARAM WParam, LPARAM LParam)
{
    switch (Message)
    {
        // Quit when we close the main window
        case WM_CLOSE :
        {
            PostQuitMessage(0);
            return 0;
        }
    }

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:27 pm »
This code is from the Win32 sample. It's not very interesting for you, so maybe you should try another one ;)

GRIFFnDOOR

• View Profile
    • Email
problem solved?
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 01:08:17 am »
Hey is this problem solved? i'm still having issues with 1.6 on VS++ 2010.
Output says  
Code: [Select]
Loaded 'C:\blahblah\sfml-system-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
Quote from: "Laurent"
After asking about, alot of people say 1.6 is absolute hell for compiling on VC 2010

Why don't they tell me?? If there are errors, I'd like to fix them.
"you must unzip your genes to reproduce"
- my science teacher =)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 08:03:33 am »
Can you be more specific about your problem? What you show only means that the debugger couldn't find the DLL's debug symbols, which is ok.

GRIFFnDOOR

• View Profile
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:17 pm »
"you must unzip your genes to reproduce"
- my science teacher =)