Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with installation?  (Read 13730 times)

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:31 pm »
Being that the link version isn't working either... is this right for when it comes to dragging it's contents into my VC\lib?

The include works fine, everything does... apart from the libs. Both sfml-system.lib and sfml-system-d.lib aren't working for me. They're also in the Windows/system32 folder like some people have suggested... so despite the compiler being told where to look and having them in the VC AND Windows folders... it's STILL not finding them?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 07:38:18 pm »
You copied the .dll files, not the .lib ones...
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 01:07:27 am »
Then where are the lib files if they're not in the lib folder? I thought that myself, but after searching nearly every folder in the original SFML folder... I can't find any lib files? just .dll and .a?

This is the contents on the SFML Lib folder that I downloaded from this site;

I've downloaded the WinGW (Code :: Blocks) and also tried just the Dev package version... still not one single .lib file, just the same .a's and .dll?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:26 am »
I've downloaded the WinGW (Code :: Blocks) and also tried just the Dev package version... still not one single .lib file, just the same .a's and .dll?

Seriously... are you kidding?

You're using Visual C++, right? So why don't you download the archive for Visual C++? :cry:

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"

Seriously... are you kidding?

You're using Visual C++, right? So why don't you download the archive for Visual C++? :cry:

...... Oh jebus, Code Blocks is another compiler isn't it?... I was following another guide which said to use the WinGW version... I hadn't clicked he might have been using another compiler cuz I hadn't heard of Code Blocks :shock: I'm really sorry about all this, it's all working now :) lol

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 05:22:35 pm »
At least it was...

When I click the build I get this in the output;

1>------ Build started: Project: SFML 2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  main.cpp
1>  LINK : c:\documents and settings\damian\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\SFML 2.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>  SFML 2.vcxproj -> c:\documents and settings\damian\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\SFML 2.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

When the standard tutorial program is run.. I get this in the output after the system fails;

'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\SFML 2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe c:\documents and settings\damian\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
The program '[3772] SFML 2.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

I am now using the right SDK and have followed everything perfectly. Any idea what this issue is?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 12:08:16 am »
Sure. You must recompile SFML.

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 12:35:08 am »
Thats the thing... I've already converted the .sln to Visual C++ Express 2010 and compiled it. It said everything worked minus 2, but then it stated the wx thing wouldn't work in the tutorial. (Noter only 5 DLL's ever work, 13 fail)

I can now get the program to run in Release. It displays

1.08098e-006

The output reads
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Release\SFML 2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Release\sfml-system.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_x-ww_d889290f\msvcp90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_x-ww_d889290f\msvcr90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp100.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr100.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7664] SFML 2.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

However in debug mode nothing works. I get the message

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application

and here is the ouput for that one

'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\SFML 2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'SFML 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML 2\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
The program '[6792] SFML 2.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

I complied every type Debug, Debug DLL, Debug Static and same with the Release ones. Everything is linked and the directories are set (dragging the files into the VC just didn't seem to work properly, so opted to use the C:\SFML-1.6\lib and \include method instead). The correct DLL's are in with the executable also (sfml-system-d.dll in debug and sfml-system.dll in release) So I'm not sure why I'm still having problems?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 09:21:59 am »
I'm not sure too, but you get the same error as when you were not using the recompiled SFML libraries, so make sure that you didn't do anything wrong when recompiling the Debug DLL libraries.

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »
When compiling the Debug DLL's only 2 compile, the rest fail. I'm guessing that has a big something to do with this. The Release DLL's 5 compile and the rest fail.

After asking about, alot of people say 1.6 is absolute hell for compiling on VC 2010 but that the 2.0 beta works a lot smoother, so I'll give that a try instead and let you know if I have any luck.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 05:55:35 pm »
After asking about, alot of people say 1.6 is absolute hell for compiling on VC 2010

Why don't they tell me?? If there are errors, I'd like to fix them.

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 10:19:32 am »
I'll tell them to drop you a message, one guy has offered to send me his compiled 1.6 which he had to make several edits and changes to, would that file be of any help to you, as I could forward it on?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:22 am »
No, a compiled library is not relevant as I won't be able to see what has been modified in it. I'd like to get the error messages, and a patch if he already fixed them.

Damian227

• View Profile
Help with installation?
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 01:30:18 pm »
Ok I'll ask him for you and let you know.

On a side note, with the program now working (sample program runs fine etc...) I'm attempting to run the graphics and keep getting this message. It''s probably something simple but I'm just not sure whats causing it mysef

1>------ Build started: Project: SFML Game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall sf::RenderWindow::~RenderWindow(void)" (__imp_??1RenderWindow@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall sf::RenderWindow::RenderWindow(void *,struct sf::WindowSettings const &)" (__imp_??0RenderWindow@sf@@QAE@PAXABUWindowSettings@1@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __thiscall sf::Image::LoadFromFile(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_?LoadFromFile@Image@sf@@QAE_NABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall sf::Image::~Image(void)" (__imp_??1Image@sf@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall sf::Image::Image(void)" (__imp_??0Image@sf@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall sf::Window::Display(void)" (__imp_?Display@Window@sf@@QAEXXZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall sf::Sprite::Sprite(class sf::Image const &,class sf::Vector2<float> const &,class sf::Vector2<float> const &,float,class sf::Color const &)" (__imp_??0Sprite@sf@@QAE@ABVImage@1@ABV?$Vector2@M@1@1MABVColor@1@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual void __thiscall sf::RenderTarget::Draw(class sf::Drawable const &)" (__imp_?Draw@RenderTarget@sf@@UAEXABVDrawable@2@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall sf::RenderTarget::Clear(class sf::Color const &)" (__imp_?Clear@RenderTarget@sf@@QAEXABVColor@2@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall sf::Color::Color(unsigned char,unsigned char,unsigned char,unsigned char)" (__imp_??0Color@sf@@QAE@EEEE@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall sf::Sprite::~Sprite(void)" (__imp_??1Sprite@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Damian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Game\Release\SFML Game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Help with installation?
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 01:49:14 pm »
You must link to sfml-graphics.

anything