Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 1.6 files for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  (Read 3523 times)

yoni0505

• View Profile
SFML 1.6 files for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »
I thought someone might find it useful if I'll upload a build of SFML 1.6 for VC 2010 so you won't have to go through the trouble of converting the source files and building them.

Though I believe if someone will find this post it will be too late  :lol:
If someone gets in trouble or just want a faster way then converting and building the source file, or perhaps downloading and installing VC 2008, then someone may find this useful.

Anyway, here's a download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?07c9qpx53d6f5az

What you will find is a .ZIP file with a folder inside called "vc2010" and contain 2 folders - "include" and "lib", nice and neat.  :wink:
"There is no knowledge that is not power."

Pixel_Outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 07:49:28 am »
I was just thinking somebody should post the compiled files. It is really a pain that Microsoft had produced an IDE that cannot interact with prior files totally.

I started out using Dev-C++ (like every other n00b). I switched to Visual C++ 2010 just to use this library. Is this the way Microsoft has been doing these things? Shooting all the programmers in the foot each time a new IDE is released?

Anyway I wish I had this topic earlier, the video on Youtube is helpful enough but it would be great to have this file added to the installation section of the main site. Rebuilding the 2008 version is a bit of a hassle. Especially when one is new to Visual C++ 2010.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 08:15:17 am »
It is really a pain that Microsoft had produced an IDE that cannot interact with prior files totally.

Totally. But now the same kind of problem arise with MinGW: there are several different (and incompatible) versions of gcc 4 available on Windows.

I started out using Dev-C++ (like every other n00b).

... like ten years ago ;)
Now there's Code::Blocks, I don't like it so much but people seem to be ok with it. I personnally think Visual Studio is much better. There's also QtCreator, which is of course Qt-oriented but is ok for regular stuff as well.

Rebuilding the 2008 version is a bit of a hassle

Really? It should be no more complicated than converting the solution & projects (done automatically) and clicking "build".
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

jokoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 12:23:47 am »
So what's up about this issue ? Is there a solution ?

Laurent, I still don't understand why don't release those libs, what is the point in waiting the 2.0 stable version ?

(btw: I have a domino-like game to do this holidays, do you think I shuld wait or try another lib ?)

anything