Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML-1.6 and Eclipse CDT  (Read 2803 times)

edge87

• View Profile
SFML-1.6 and Eclipse CDT
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:49 pm »
I'm trying to build the sample program in Eclipse under Ubuntu Linux and i'm not sure how to link everything up or where to put the decompressed files.

Does anybody have any experience configuring Eclipse for use with SFML?.

programmer47

• View Profile
Re: SFML-1.6 and Eclipse CDT
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:36:54 pm »
Simply searching Google for "sfml eclipse" brings up loads of tutorials on how to set it up:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=sfml+eclipse&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=HIuJT-vsCsHg8gOquZTpCQ
I found the one on Raz's Domain quite helpful :)

edge87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »
I followed the directions but ran into issues. The issue lies in the linking process. I added the includes for the preprocessor and it no longer errors, but when the linker comes around it says it can't find -lsfml-system .

I have the linker's include to my decompressed SFML1-6 folder/lib.

I found the only solution was to use my distro's package management system to download libsfml-dev and install the rest of the libcsfml-*. Isn't that what the lib folder on in the archive was for?

texus

• View Profile
    • TGUI
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »
As far as I know you can't put .so files wherever you want in linux.
You must place them in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib or change you ldconfig directories (if you don't know what I mean then google it).

Your package manager installs the files to those folders which is why is does work if you install it in that way.
TGUI: C++ SFML GUI