Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help: compiling from git WITHOUT libGLEW1.7.so  (Read 919 times)

nagn

• View Profile
Help: compiling from git WITHOUT libGLEW1.7.so
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »
Hello. After trying to revert to an old commit, I'm having trouble getting sfml to compile with the right directories correctly at all (even the newest one that I'd originally successfully built off of).

I'm having cmake taking the git repository directly as the source, and trying to compile to the default locations (usr/local/include, lib, shared etc...), and it works fine... mostly.

What happens is that after linking the library in Code::blocks, I keep getting an import error related to libGLEW1.7.0.so. I don't have this library (running ubuntu 32bit), but cmake is pointing to libGLEW.so, which in return is a path to libGLEW1.6.0.so. I've no idea how or why its linking to that specific library but I've not been able to compile anything since.

Can anyone help me compile the newest commit without this dependency?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Help: compiling from git WITHOUT libGLEW1.7.so
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »
Did you previously install the precompiled SFML 2.0 RC?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

nagn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »
Yeah

I thought that those files defaulted to usr/local though... I've cleaned those folders out of anything SFML related

nagn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »
Hi thanks for reminding me. I found some stray files from both 1.6 and 2.0 in usr/lib. Don't know how they got there

for some reason Code::blocks was checking there for libraries too, so I changed the search path for codeblocks to usr/local

So as it turns out it was compiling right after all