Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: lines appearing on sprite edges  (Read 2470 times)

furrydice

• View Profile
lines appearing on sprite edges
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »
Hi,

I have some imported graphics (some that are drawn contiguously on screen to create a dynamic menu), and  have noticed that around the edge of the sprites there is a little line that changes how noticable it is (randomly) as I zoom in/out (quite noticeable on the dynamic menu between items), and occurs even if I overlap the sprites.

Would anyone know why (float rounding effects?), and are there any tips for which is the best method to use for removing these effects, anti-aliasing, blending, smoothing (not exactly sure of the difference between them (?anti-aliasing blends whole screen dynamically each frame, blend/smooth blend the actual sprite/image?)?

Also, do you know how the frame rate is set, is it set automatically by the graphics card within limit set by SetFrameRateLimit, or is there a more precise way of setting it?

Many thanks.

tntexplosivesltd

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:29:02 am »
No idea about the sprite stuff (could be slightly different aplha?), but as for the frame limit locked by SetFrameLimit, I think SFML introduces a Sleep() into the main loop (I could be wrong).
Hope this helps!

Lynix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:42:12 pm »
Image::SetSmooth(false) ?

furrydice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »
Brilliant, just what was needed! Thnx...