Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [FALSE POSITIVE] Compiled exe detected as malware - build from nightlybuilds.ch  (Read 2291 times)

Storngrir

• View Profile
I couldn't build sfml 2.1 static libs for visual studio and I don't want to use dinamyc libraries, so I've downloaded  the vs2013 build from here: http://www.nightlybuilds.ch/project/show/1/SFML/
I configured the project and all is working but the compiled exe is being detected as malware (generic) by my antivirus.

All I want to know is if www.nightlybuilds.ch is safe and It's a false alarm.
In that case, I want to know how can I get rid of the false positive, because It's not nice for distribution.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:17:09 am by Storngrir »

p5ych0

Compiled exe detected as malware using SFML build from nightlybuilds.ch
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:04:59 am »
AFAIK www.nightlybuilds.ch is safe. :)

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
Re: Compiled exe detected as malware using SFML build from nightlybuilds.ch
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:44:23 am »
You know... mentioning the anti-virus that you use and the signature database version might help to solve the problem as well ::). False positives are thankfully only isolated to single anti-virus programs most of the time.

Also, the fact that your built executable causes the false positive really has nothing to do with www.nightlybuilds.ch. We really have no idea what is in your code that might make it a problem. Who knows... maybe you might have built in some malicious code yourself. Unless you can lay down a scenario that is reproducible by someone other than yourself (this includes the anti-virus vendor), there isn't much that anybody can do.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

Storngrir

• View Profile
Re: Compiled exe detected as malware using SFML build from nightlybuilds.ch
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:05 am »
Thank you, I'm not saying that nightlybuilds.ch is not safe, I was just asking.
I've edited the title to avoid misconceptions :)
The code that I'm compiling is the one from the visual studio project tutorial, the one that shows a tiny window with a green circle.
My av is Qihoo 360, and for me is one of the av with less false positives ratio.
But for sure, it can throw a false positive :P

Anyway, I will send a message to Qihoo to alert about this false positive, maybe they will fix it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:13:24 am by Storngrir »

anything