Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Visual Studio Setup Installer: Redistributable Package  (Read 1321 times)

Cryonic

• View Profile
Visual Studio Setup Installer: Redistributable Package
« on: August 08, 2015, 06:18:24 am »
I have my my setup project in (Visual Studio 2015: Community Edition) ready to be built and create my program installer. But, obviously the program will not work on other computers without the appropriate redistributable package installed on the clients computer.

So, I need to set that up in my project but I do not know how. I read in a post on another site that it is located in:
Project>>Setup Properties>>Prerequisites

But, all I just see are selectables for ".net framework" related things (See attachments). If you know of another way to achieve my goal then any help will be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:34:01 pm by SFML_Guy »

Spirro

• View Profile
Re: Visual Studio Setup Installer: Redistributable Package
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 06:40:14 am »
You didn't mention which version of VS you are using, but there is a simple remedy.  Find the download for the redistributable package for your build(x86 or amd64) and version of visual studio on microsoft's website and in the doc for your project you can put a link to it for the end user to download.  Bit of a pain, but it's roughly a 3 meg download.  Not sure if you can just include the installer in your project and distribute it that way, but pretty sure you can.  Check microsoft's site to be sure.