Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML.net with Mac OSX  (Read 2139 times)

ThomasMorrison

• View Profile
SFML.net with Mac OSX
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:15:25 am »
I realize this may be a tall order but...

I am trying to setup SFML DotNet on OSX while having little knowledge of this type of programming on osx.

I have SFML up and running with Xcode just fine, I imported all the CSFML files (I think...) but not really sure how to test it out.

All in all I'm looking to see if anyone has a short & concise SFML.NET setup guide on OSX. The SFML guide was extremely simple and easy to follow/mess around with, however CSFML/SFML.NET has little to no documentation at all  which leaves newcomers like me kind of in the dark  :-\.

Even the most basic of steps would be great so I know which direction to look into.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:16:59 am by ThomasMorrison »

Tobberoth

Re: SFML.net with Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 09:04:15 am »
Well.. To start it off, do you even have any plugins etc to let you work with Mono on OSX? .NET is a windows technology and doesn't work on OSX/Linux, you need to use Mono instead which is an opensource version of .NET. From what I know, mono is not supported by Xcode by default, so you need a plugin like this:
http://www.mono-project.com/CSharpPlugin

If you already have this covered, I'm not sure how to help out, I haven't used XCode for a long time.

anything