Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: cmake building source for android use  (Read 1077 times)

mazekiller

• View Profile
    • Email
cmake building source for android use
« on: April 13, 2016, 05:38:27 am »
Hello,

I just had a question, I have known SFML for a while already and sort of retired of game development for a while, but now I am back and interested in making an android game. I have checked some links to be able to build SFML for an android platform so that I can later use a particle system I made in SFML rather than to recreate it with OpenGL.

https://github.com/SFML/SFML/wiki/Tutorial:-Building-SFML-for-Android

https://blog.hig.no/gtl/2015/10/01/howto-sfml-on-android/

I was following everything well untill I found an issue after running this command:

cmake -DANDROID_ABI=armeabi -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../../cmake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake ../..

It shows the console output in the attached screenshot.

My path environment variable has everything mentioned in the first link.

After reading for a bit longer I tried to build with MinGW, but it caused the error in the second attached screenshot.

I am using windows 10, and desire to develop this first attempt of an android app with Visual Studio 2015. After these errors I verified and no make file was created.

So I have some questions:

Why does this happen even though the path is properly set for both the NDK and SDK of Android? (I downloaded android studio, then the NDK and used the appropriate paths based on my install)

Do I really need the nVidia Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Add-on for using VS instead of MinGW? (I love VS as an IDE, but I prefer G++ as a compiler overall) It's a rather heavy install and it seems rather redundant considering I already downloaded both the NDK and SDK.

Is there a better way to make sure that the windows console does have acess to SDK and NDK commands? (I am very new to android, so I don't know any I could try).

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:51:46 am by mazekiller »

kidchameleon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: cmake building source for android use
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »
Did you definitely use forward slashes when setting the ANDROID_NDK environment variable?

mazekiller

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: cmake building source for android use
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »
Yes I did.

anything