Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Window Generation error with sfml 1.6 and visualStudio2010  (Read 2518 times)

RaptorIV

• View Profile
Window Generation error with sfml 1.6 and visualStudio2010
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:30:55 am »
when trying to run the following line, linking to the dynamic 1.6 library, after copying the correct dlls to the project directory, using visual studio 2010, the program compiles, then immediately crashes:
Code: [Select]
   sf::RenderWindow App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Graphics");
i get (from the debugger in VC2010)
Code: [Select]

A buffer overrun has occurred in sfml.exe which has corrupted the program's internal state. Press Break to debug the program or Continue to terminate the program.

'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvinit.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\detoured.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\Nvd3d9wrap.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\nvdxgiwrap.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ig4icd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x200c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

as near as i can tell all the vc++ and linker input things have been correctly configured, and it builds without a problem, as i previously said. however, still it immediately crashes.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.[/code]

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:35 am »
You must recompile SFML, VC2008 libraries are not supported by 2010.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

RaptorIV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »
Yea, I did that to no avail. I switched to Code blocks with mingw and it worked no problems, I'm so excited to finally be able to use SFML!

anything