Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML Window not showing!!!  (Read 35990 times)

Serapth

• View Profile
SFML Window not showing!!!
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2012, 10:09:54 pm »
Quote from: "Viruses"
Lol ive been through more than 73 tutorials, a book, and other websites and you saying i have to learn the basics.. This is probably one of those things that werent taught so.. and this has to do with sfml. the sf::RenderWindow() parameters..

No, it really doesn't.  If you managed to read that many tutorials and they never covered defining functions, let alone classes, you really need to pick different tutorials.

void Display(sf::RenderWindow(sf::VideoMode(int,int,int), string);

That line for example is proof positive that you don't really understand the syntax of defining a member function.  You are combining aspects of a function declaration, implementation and call all in one.  I can't even decipher back to what you were even trying to do.

Coincidentally, if you want to pass a RenderWindow into a method Display you would define it in the .h as:

void Display(sf::RenderWindow&)

Then in the .cpp file, you would declare it as:

void Player::Display(sf::RenderWindow & renderWindow)
{
}

Note the lack of semi colon.  Another mistake in your example ( the semi colon at the end of the implementation ) is telling you need to work a bit more on the basics.  

But hey, whatever, good luck.

Viruses

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2012, 11:34:26 pm »
Umm i was just about to reply that i searched it up and i actually found that you gotta pass the address. But since i dont get why you cant just do this:

void Display(sf::RenderWindow) in the header file I guess i have to do the basics..

Tex Killer

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:55 am »
Viruses, that way your RenderWindow would be copied every time the function is called, and that is not good.

Vastrolorde

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »
HAving the same problem, i get this console screen that freeses. I  have ATI video card and SFLM 1.6, and i use Code::Blocks. that .dll what was suggested here didnt work for me and SFLM2 i cant fnd, the snapshot of SFLM didnt work for me.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:11 am »
Quote from: "Vastrolorde"
HAving the same problem, i get this console screen that freeses. I  have ATI video card and SFLM 1.6, and i use Code::Blocks. that .dll what was suggested here didnt work for me and SFLM2 i cant fnd, the snapshot of SFLM didnt work for me.
What's SFLM? This is a forum for SFML. ;)

You're experiencing the infamous ATi bug. Wait for SFML2 to be released, or try the static libraries for SFML 1.6.
I use the latest build of SFML2

Viruses

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »
Yoo dude i had the same problem i got the SFML 2.0 snapshot and built it with Cmake. If you dont know what im talking bout,just search it up on youtube or google. It worked perfectly for me!