Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: tPong!  (Read 2479 times)

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
tPong!
« on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »
Introducing a project I've gradually been working on; 'tPong!'! Basically a Pong clone, I thought I'd step back to basics after trying to code some complex games that always result in the abandonment of the project.

Gameplay
The main gameplay is that of Pong; you have two paddles and you must get the ball past the opponent's paddle into their goal and the first to 3 points wins. The speed of the ball increases slightly with each time it hits a paddle and the direction of the ball can be influenced by the direction and speed of the paddle it's about to hit.

There is currently local Co-op and multiplayer Co-op. A client can be found for each one.

Controls
At the moment, menu controls are a bit all over the place.

W,S    - Player one move up and down (respectively).
Up arrow, down arrow    - Player two move up and down.
Space    - (menu) Action.
Enter    - (entering ip) Connect to that ip.

Some notes about multiplayer
In order to get this working correctly it is first recommended that you install Hamachi logmein in order to connect; unless the host has port forwarding for port 50001.

When first accessing the option to host a game on the multiplayer client, windows (not sure about linux) will ask you to allow the program to use the port 50001. Select the public tick box as well (so both are ticked) otherwise you can't receive connections over hamachi. After you've done this, the program will need to be closed and reopened.

With AVG it may come up with the multiplayer client for something like 'General behaviour' when hosting a game. Having this come up everytime with a new build was so frustrating. But once you allow it, it shouldn't come up again.

Downloads

v1.0 - Mediafire

I can upload to different file hosts upon request :)

- There may be future versions!

Screenshots

I'll be putting up some pictures later!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:22:18 pm by datMoka »

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
Re: tPong!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »
Sorry about the first revision, I think it posted when I was halfway through making it somehow.

MadMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:02 pm »
Could you post a screenshot? It is often nice to see first impressions without hunting the download...  ;)

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:16:11 pm »
Could you post a screenshot? It is often nice to see first impressions without hunting the download...  ;)

There we go! It's not much to look at, at the moment. Future updates will provide some nice visual upgrades and effects.