Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Code::Blocks 12.11 and SFML 2.0  (Read 2195 times)

Moonkis

• View Profile
Code::Blocks 12.11 and SFML 2.0
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:21:44 am »
After my Windows fucked up quite a bit I decided to format my computer, this time around I'm going with Code::Blocks 12.11 instead of Visual Studio 11 because of all the "Windows"-specific keywords and none standard C++ keywords, also because VS 11 comes with a ton of software I'll o´most likely never use.

So after a bit of struggling getting Code::Blocks, CMake'ing SFML 2.0 from Github and linking/including I'v ran into this ... thing.

Maybe I'm a bit spoiled by how Visual Studio treats me, but Code::Blocks doesn't show me any suggestions when trying to do:
#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>

It does for the standard libraries such as "iostream". Is their anyway of getting this behavior? It's a minor thing but very convenient.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Code::Blocks 12.11 and SFML 2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 11:45:54 am »
because of all the "Windows"-specific keywords and none standard C++ keywords
What do you mean? You can disable any Microsoft-specific extensions.

Maybe I'm a bit spoiled by how Visual Studio treats me, but Code::Blocks doesn't show me any suggestions when trying to do
Concerning IDE features (code completion, debugging, real-time semantic code analysis, profiler, class diagrams, ...), Visual Studio outperforms Code::Blocks by far. On Windows, I would only use Code::Blocks if I really needed a C++11 feature that has not been implemented in VC++ yet.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: Code::Blocks 12.11 and SFML 2.0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:45:56 am »
i guess this would fit better in a Code::Blocks forum...

Anyways don't expect C::B's 'intelligent' part to be anything near VS one. Intellisense (VS version) is probably one of the most complex code interpretation systems.

Code::Blocks should be able to recognize the include directories, if you have it added to the include firs in the project settings and give C::B a pit time to look it up.

Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Moonkis

• View Profile
Re: Code::Blocks 12.11 and SFML 2.0
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I know that VS has by far a better "Intellisense", but it was just one of these few things that bugged me.

I'm going with C::B this time around, VS have served me well in many aspects but all the bloat "Windows Server SQL" that it auto-magically installs ( No I'm not prompted with any options of installing that ).

Anyways, weirdly it seems to work after I restarted C::B, seems like it fails sometimes to "parse it" on the fly, no matter how long I waited.

Thanks for your replies anyways!

anything