Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: fatal error LNK1181  (Read 1956 times)

mothmann

• View Profile
fatal error LNK1181
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:58:05 am »
I'm using visual studios c++ 2010 express edition. I downloaded the Visual C++ 10 (2010) - 32 bits AND Visual C++ 10 (2010) - 64 bits

I start a brand new win32 console application. I follow the steps here exactly. http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-vc.php. I have tried using both 32 bit and 64 bit. I am using dynamic dlls and have placed them in the debug and release folders appropriately. but when I try to compile a basically blank program it gives me

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'sfml-graphics-2.lib'

this is the only code in the program

// teste.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
        return 0;
}

I even tried doing some things not in the tutorial. I added SFML_DYNAMIC to the C++ Optimization. I added The lib and Include paths to the VC++ Directories. I tried flip flopping around incremental linking and link library dependencies. I don't know what else to do.

mothmann

• View Profile
Re: fatal error LNK1181
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:11:32 am »
Wow. Nvm I figured it out. for some reason in the filenames of the dlls they are sfml-graphics-2.lib

apparently that "-2" is very misleading as when I removed the -2 from the project linker/input/additionaldependices list it worked. notice I did not rename the file.

a note should be added in the tutorial  to leave the -2 off. as I put it exactly like the author had it to begin with. but when I went to copy the dlls out of the bin folder I noticed the -2's and went back and added them. thinking it was an oversight on the new naming scheme for 2.0 on the authors part.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:14:28 am by mothmann »