Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cant get SFML works on Ubuntu + Geany  (Read 2924 times)

andy420

• View Profile
Cant get SFML works on Ubuntu + Geany
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:26:09 pm »
Hi there!

I'm confused. I've read a lot of stuff since I find this library, and have tried hard to set up a project. But it's not going to work.

I've installed all the packages for linux from tutorial. I've downloaded the source from GitHub. Got cmake-gui and built SFML by myself on laptop. But it's still not going to work anyway. Please, can you give me an advice or something? Because this is ridiculous. Really, I can't get it. All links are correct. All libraries seem to be good. However looks like something wrong with them..

Here's the log:

g++ -Wall -o "untitled" "untitled.cpp" -lsfml-graphics -lsfml-window -lsfml-system (in directory: /home/andy420/Documents/code)
/tmp/cc9RMkrl.o: In function `main':
untitled.cpp:(.text+0xf7): undefined reference to `sf::String::String(char const*, std::locale const&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x148): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::RenderWindow(sf::VideoMode, sf::String const&, unsigned int, sf::ContextSettings const&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x182): undefined reference to `sf::CircleShape::CircleShape(float, unsigned int)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x196): undefined reference to `sf::Shape::setFillColor(sf::Color const&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x1b6): undefined reference to `sf::Window::close()'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x1cf): undefined reference to `sf::Window::pollEvent(sf::Event&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x214): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::clear(sf::Color const&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x22b): undefined reference to `sf::RenderStates::Default'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x236): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::draw(sf::Drawable const&, sf::RenderStates const&)'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x245): undefined reference to `sf::Window::display()'
untitled.cpp:(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `sf::Window::isOpen() const'
/tmp/cc9RMkrl.o: In function `sf::CircleShape::~CircleShape()':
untitled.cpp:(.text._ZN2sf11CircleShapeD2Ev[_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD5Ev]+0x13): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'
untitled.cpp:(.text._ZN2sf11CircleShapeD2Ev[_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD5Ev]+0x1f): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Compilation failed.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Cant get SFML works on Ubuntu + Geany
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:04:58 pm »
It seems that you're linking to SFML 1.6.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

andy420

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:14:30 pm »
Do you mean that my command line links are wrong?

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »
You seem to have SFML 1.6 installed. Remove it, then install version 2.1 (or even build a recent git snapshot). Then try again :)

andy420

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:25:43 pm »
OMG! Thank you very much  :D :D Problem solved.