Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can't get SFML to work or install  (Read 1159 times)

jeffdt52

• View Profile
Can't get SFML to work or install
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:01:56 pm »
I'm using Windows and Visual Studios 2013 for my compiler.

I downloaded the correct (32 bit) SFML download and it was (by default) downloaded with the Winrar icon. I unzipped the files to a folder and I assumed that was all I needed to do. I searched the downloaded file and saw no '.exe' 'installation' or 'setup' files so I thought it only needed to be downloaded not installed (possibly the root of the problem).

I followed the Tutorial rigorously and I can't get SFML to work. I am guessing that the root of the issue is that I never actually installed SFML. I thought that one only needed to download the files and not install them because I never saw any link within the file to install SFML. I attached a screenshot of the unzipped download file extracted to somewhere on my computer. Is this correct because I don't know where I am going wrong!! Please help!!! I've been searching forever for answers!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:15:15 pm by eXpl0it3r »

Arcade

• View Profile
Re: Can't get SFML to work or install
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 11:26:28 pm »
Which tutorial did you follow? Was it this one?

http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.2/start-vc.php

You shouldn't need to install anything as long as the libraries are somewhere on your computer. It looks like that tutorial explains how to set up your visual studio project so that it can find where you put the libraries and includes.  What exactly isn't working? Compile errors, linker errors, something else?