Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Installing with brew  (Read 7527 times)

newb_john

• View Profile
Installing with brew
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:43:31 pm »
Hi,
I'm trying to install SFML using homebrew. I simply type,
Code: [Select]
$ brew install sfml
then it installs dependencies and SFML accordingly. However it doesn't generate a .framework file for me. There are dylibs generated in /usr/local/lib but I don't know how to use them... I normally install SFML by putting the given .framework files to /Library/Frameworks. How should I proceed from here?
I checked the documentation but couldn't find anything about this. I'm pretty new to this whole C++ thing, so I'm very sorry for my stupidity.

Thank you.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Installing with brew
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:49 am »
The SFML formula is current relatively basic. (More on that here and then follow the links if you're really curious.)

ATM, it only provides header files + dylibs. No template for Xcode, no frameworks. If you don't care about the templates (that is, you can create an application bundle project for C++ on your own) or Xcode at all, then that's not a big deal: just add the dylibs manually to your project like you would add any framework. Unless your IDE is really dumb it should work. If you're using other tools, then you'll need to read their doc I guess.

If you want to use the template, uninstall the formula and install SFML as described in the getting started tutorial.
SFML / OS X developer

anything