Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is SFML stable for commercial use?  (Read 3382 times)

pi-xel

• View Profile
Is SFML stable for commercial use?
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:17:55 pm »
I hope this is not an unusual question, as it's the experience of the programmer that determines most of that, but I would like to know something.

I would like to know if it makes sense for someone to use Visual Basic .NET with SFML to create a game that would be sold as a commercial product. This is not a programming question, since I am aware that Visual Basic is a very capable language to use. However, I am not sure that I have a clear understanding on how stable SFML is for such use.

Is SFML, production capable and ready in that sense, or is this a library that is still catching up to it's C/C++ version.

I am very interested in VB .Net, so I would like to reinforce what I said, that I am specifically talking about the DOTNET version of SFML.

I'm planning on starting a project soon, and this is information that is very important to me.

DarkRoku12

• Lua coder.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is SFML stable for commercial use?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:37:27 pm »
SFML has its bugs, personally i'm making a game engine in top of SFML, i haven't found a bug that affects me.
(Not tested the Network library) but graphics, sounds, window, systems works great.

SFML has a good community and the project is mature.

SFML is not perfect, but yes its reliable for commercial products.
I would like a spanish/latin community...
Problems building for Android? Look here

anything