Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Texture loads for about 5 minutes but then I get an exception error.  (Read 1229 times)

Pixel Ace

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay, so I am using  SFML.net for C#, and everything has gone fantastic, I have a moving player, colliding walls,
etc..But when it came to textures,  everything seemed fine at first. I'll give it the location of the texture, and it will load. But after about ~5 minutes, and exception error saying "SFML.LoadingFailedException: 'Failed to load texture from file data/textures/bg.png'". I have no idea how this error could even happen, it all worked fine, and then "BAM!" A random error that I don't even know how to fix pops up. I would really appreciate any ideas or possible reasoning's behind this. Thank you.

Pixel Ace

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texture loads for about 5 minutes but then I get an exception error.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:51:08 am »
Ah! After some self debugging and checking I realized it was all my fault! The issue was I kept telling to to create a new texture every frame instead of creating a texture that is set once. After all it was a simple memory leak that I am working on fixing. I will update if it all works out.  ;D